Saturday, 20 June 2009

I cannot believe it is so long since I blogged. It has been a strange few months to say the least. Since the beginning of May I have been struggling with Scarlet Fever and the complications that it has brought. I am not totally clear of it but it is on the mend. Due to that and the general business of life I have to say I am really looking forward to the summer holidays and the long break. We are off to Scotland on the 8th July for two and a half weeks. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
Although health wise I have felt quite miserable I did have one amazing thing happen in May which I am still really excited about. Since Easter Sunday I have felt God calling me to be baptised. On May 31st I finally took the plunge (pardon the pun!!!). It was truly amazing. I feel God has really blessed me and strengthened my relationship with Him.
Since the Craft Fair I have been really busy quilting and crafting. Here are a few of the projects I have completed:

Amy has also started to sew and loves it. She seems quite good on the machine and is getting straighter and neater with her hand sewing. Hopefully in the summer my mum will get her a sewing macine for her birthday. I have seen one that is a little smaller than a regular machine and is ideal for beginners.

She made the PJ bottoms below while she was at her granny's. We used an old flannel sheet and a pair of her Pjs for the pattern. My mum teased us that the credit crunch must have caught up with us as we were using sheets!!


There are still many projects on the go. I'll photograph them as they are done.

Catherine x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to 'see' you back! Hope you have a great time on holiday, and continue to get better. xx