Friday, 24 April 2009

Craft Fair

Last Saturday I was at the annual craft fair in Belfast. This fair sells the supplies you "need", i.e. WANT (LOL!!!!) for cardmaking/scrapbooking, quilting, cross stitch,etc, and knitting/ crochet. Needless to say, Ihad an absolute blast.

Cardmaking I didn't get as many supplies for this as I usually do, but what I did get was great and nearly all at a bargain price...which makes it even better.

For my Sissix machine I got a Military die set (Quickkutz) for £10 and I got five single Quickkutz dies, totalling £10! These bought anywhere else would have cost me about £35-£40!
I got a lovely Cut and Emboss set from Cuttlebug and a plain Embossing set.

I also love rubber stamping. In particular I love Sugar Nellie stamps and was delighted to find these at half price. They are so cute and pretty and very versatile.

There should be no excuse now for some beautiful cards being produced (?!).

Crocheting
I was able to get some wool that combined all the colours that i am putting into Amy's blanket! The squares will add a burst of colour to the single coloured squares.

Quilting My sewing machine hadn't been working particularly well until the few weeks so now that I have it up and running again I am in a real buzz for sewing. Before the fair I had made a small patchwork lap quilt and had sewn together a rooster that sits on top of my cupboards. When I got to the Fair it felt as though I was a child in a sweetie shop. This year the predominant theme of the fair was fabric! Bliss! I picked up four quilting kits. It worked out cheaper to buy the kit than to simply buy the patterns and then buy the fabric separately.

I got two small wall hangings (one is finished. I'll post a pic later), a bag and a quilt for James' room. I can't wait to make it. It has blocks of reds, greens, blues, etc and at the bottom Noah, the ark and two little elephants have to be appliqued on. It is really lovely. Hopefully the finished product will be too!

It was a great fun day. There was lots of laughter and we had a great time rummaging at the different stalls! Roll on next year! Until then my fingers will be kept busy!

No comments: