This afternoon we left Amy to a friend's birthday party. While she was there we nipped to the shop so I could pick up the ingredients for the chocolate torte I had to make. Of course when I was in there I had a look at the magazines (I just cannot resist!!). Normally I don't look at the knitting mags but today I did as there was free gift of a knitting guide for socks. For many years I watched a friend of my mum's knit numerous pairs of socks and I have always wanted to try so I thought now could be my opportunity! If I get stuck I'll consult my mum's friend.


When we collected Amy again we stopped off with my father and mother -in -law. When I asked if she had any sock needles she produced a great box of goodies! She cannot knit or sew anymore due to arthritis soshe passed on the goodies to me!!

I don't think I'll ever be stuck for the right needle again. Unfortunately it does mean though that I will have to start knitting! Watch this space!
Catherine x
2 comments:
Catherine if you look on my blog and go the link to Lynn's homeschooling blog, Raising Little Shoots, she has a christian fibre arts group on yahoo, they just did a sock knit along. Which I did not take part in, as I had already started a pair. Mind you, they have all finished I think and I haven't!
You're right I'll be watching this space and your feet!! lol Love Liz
Post a Comment