Sunday, 21 June 2009

White Chocolate Torte

My quilting group is having their final night tomorrow before the summer break. We are having a little “party” at the end of the night and each of us has to bring in some yummies. I had to make a dessert and this one usually proves to be a favourite! It is REALLY, REALLY sweet and needs only to be taken in small portions (licking out the bowl is one of my favourite occupations although I always regret it afterwards!! LOL!!)

3oz butter
8oz biscuits (I use digestive but you can use ginger nuts)

1.5 lb white chocolate
1 pint double cream

Crush the biscuits and mix into melted butter to make biscuit base. Put into 9inch lined tin. Set in fridge to set a little.

Melt all the chocolate with ½ of the cream. Allow to cool a little.

Whisk the remaining cream until it forms soft peaks. Gently fold in the choc mix. Pour over the biscuit base. Set in fridge until it is set. Decorate and serve.

Enjoy!
Catherine x

No comments: