Saturday, 20 June 2009

Crocheted Hats

A few months ago I began to learn to crochet (it has been a repeated New Year's Resolution...finally one I have kept!! LOL!). I had been working on Granny Squares with the aim of making a blanket for Amy. It is still in progress.However a few days ago at the newly created Sewing/Knitting group (more later) my friend, Lorna, showed me how to crochet beanie hats. I have had such fun! My first hat was a lovely pink/purple number which I had intended to use myself but when Peter said I resembled Benny from the long gone "Crossroads" I felt it might be better passed on to someone else...namely Amy who had been hovering beside me hoping I would give it up!!

Today I finished my second hat which Amy is modelling...

For some reason she decided to try on both!!!! LOL!!
These are so quick to do that I can see myself whipping up a few for future Christmas presents. I think I will do a few that are suitable for boys next as I have wool that would be suitable.

Beanie hat no. 3 here I come......

Catherine x

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Ooh they're lovely - are they hard? Do you have a pattern? I can crochet, though I've done more knitting, but I find knitting slow and crochet satisfyingly fast!

Thedarkerside73 said...

Hi there.

Just wanted to say thank you for "visting" my blog and your lovely comment. Love those hats, always admire anyone who can crochet it always sounds so hard.

Will be back to see future posts.


MBBx