I am pooped!!! I am not a great fan of too much heat (I know, I know...it IS nice to see the sun!!!) so cutting the grass at the hottest part of the day was not such a good idea! What is it they say..women glow, men perspire and horses sweat...I AM A HORSE!!!!!! I am SWEATING!!! My glass of water is too short..I think I need to be attached to the tap!! LOL!! Anyway, it's done and Peter will be pleased as it will be one less job for him to do. He had said he was coming home early today to get the grass cut and the hedges cut back. The hedges are a mammoth, thorny job so that will be enough for him to do!
It's now less than two weeks until we go to Scotland. I ordered books from Amazon to take with me. They arrived today. The question is "can I resist them for this long?". When I get new books I just want to retreat immediately and dig into them. I WILL RESIST!! (Except for
Material Obsession by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke).
The other books I got were:
- Alice Munro Selected Stories
- Elizabeth Taylor At Mrs Lippincote's
- Jerry Eicher Rebecca's Promise
Last night I began to knit petals for flower brooches. I used an
Usbourne How To Knit book of Amy's. These are great books even for adults who want to learn the basics of knitting. I am not a natural knitter like my mum so this book suits my level!! The petals are soo easy to knit and will look lovely with a large button (I am known as Catherine Button in my friend's house!! LOL!!) sewn on to the middle of them. Once I clear up the house today I will try and get one finished so I can post a picture.
The heat has abated, I have cooled down a little, so I must get on! See you soon!
Catherine x
3 comments:
Hey, Catherine!! haha, I was mowing today too & stopped half way because I got too hot & tired! This is as hot as I like it, summers in America would be much TOO hot. But I am grateful for the sun too!! :)
We're off to Surrey in a week!! Can't wait!!!!!!! I think I will bring lots of Agatha Christie books, we recently found lovely sets of her books second-hand for a really good price and I am really enjoying them!
Catherine, you are a natural !!! LOL
Print that form off NOW!
I hope you will show us your flower brooches. I love buttons. I think most bloggers do1
tracey
Post a Comment