This little pile of squares has grown over the last few months. My initial intention was to make a "patchwork" throw for my bed with them......BUT.....I have no patience whatsoever and decided it was going to be a much smaller project. I have enough made to make a large cushion for the kids playroom (which doesn't exist yet...by the end of the summer it might!!!) so yesterday decided to make a start at joining them.
I had begun to do this at home but the great thing about crochet.....it travels!! The school run is a favourite place to take it. If I have time to spare I go a little early, get a fairly decent parking space, switch on some Radio 4, sip some coffee and whip out the project.
Once the squares are together I will look for some pretty, colourful fabric to back it with. Needless to say, I am excited and VERY impatient to see the finished article!!
Back to my title though. Where do you craft? I would love to hear about all the usual and not so usual places......
6 comments:
Oh me too, I have NO patience. I think that is why I have so many projects on the go at the moment. Most of them are lengthy projects and I get bored that they are not finished! I have an idea in my head of what I want, but then I want it to be finished there and then!!!!!
I love the colours you have used and cannot wait to see the finished piece!
I crochet mainly on the sofa in the evenings, but I do take it in the car with me in between school pick ups. It's amazing how much you can get done...only problem is the yarn keeps getting wrapped round the hand brake!!!!!!
Have a lovely day!
Vanessa x
Love the colours of your crochet and the fact that the squares are just a single colour. I am feeling inspired to take up crochet again, but I don't know if I will remember how! I like to do my crafting in the kitchen. I do everything in there, painting furniture, flower arranging, sewing, card-making. However I really hate having to clear everything away when my husband comes home. I would love my own room just for crafting mmmm...but then I wouldn't be able to get my daughter out as she loves to craft too! Thanks for your comments Catherine, love Linda x.
Well you know I get most if anything done in the Bean and boy, did I miss having a blanket on the go this winter! Won't make that mistake next year! I love the red yarn to bind them- such a sophisticated flash!
Wow, cool stuff! Love your blog, especially the beautiful picture of your happy family...
Hi - I've just seen that you've followed my blog so I came to say hello and thank you. I see we follow/read a lot of the same blogs - Blog Land can be quite a small world. :)
I'm lucky enough to have a room all to myself to sew in - my hubby doesn't like it though as he says when I get sewing he doesn't see me for hours! Which is quite nice - that he 'misses' me.
But it would be good to have a craft I can carry around. I have started to learn crochet (and put it to one side as I am struggling with it) but I think today I will pick it up again as I need a break from my sewing machine.
Thanks for calling by Catherine. Isnt it just fabulous,yet so simple. Have a lovely weekend, love Linda x.
Post a Comment