Monday, 4 April 2011

Mother's Day

Breakfast in bed...followed by cards and pressies...

From James

From Amy

The inside of Amy's Card

James's masterpiece on the left and Amy's masterpiece on the right

A new mug and a new book

Off out for the first picnic of the year......



The plan had been to eat outside but.....weather sunny but decidedly nippy so retreated to the car!!


Presents whilst sitting in the car
Our view of Strangford Lough...








On the shoreline

On to Mount Stewart, an absolutely fabulous National Trust property.....


Not the best photo in the world!! LOL!!


A rather fancy dovecote


Travelling in style




A view over their lake to Tír na nÓg (the family burial ground)




A swan nesting


Partner returning home?



The formal gardens....

The Red Hand of Ulster shaped with tulips


Posing!!!

The grounds....






Nature Study...counting the rings (over 100!)


The rhododendrons just starting to bloom.....They are EVERYWHERE at this property!




Tucked in behind the trees...so enchanting!


My favourite people! (Even the one who decided NOT to smile!! LOL!!)

Mother's Day....3rd April 2011....a PERFECT day! I couldn't have asked for better! Thank you so so so much Peter, Amy and James! I LOVE Y♥U more than you will ever know!

5 comments:

gillyflower said...

Beautiful post.
Looks like you had the best day ever with your lovely family, one to treasure.
Glad you had a wonderful day!!
I had a great day too with a rare breakfast in bed and not having to get up early for the dog, but then went so so quickly as I had all my family over for sunday lunch (11 of us from age 2 to 79!). But it was happy and fun if a little tiring!

Wendy said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous around your parts.

And how lovely that your family spoilt you so much. Precious days.

sarah-jane down the lane said...

It really does look perfect!
Happy belated Mother's Day,

Sarah x

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Beautiful post! It's lovely that you had a fantastic day! Do you know, I think it's like having christmas when you go through old boxes that have been in storage! I envy you! It's such fun to find things you loved and forgot you had!

Hope the sun is still shining where you are!!!!

Vanessa x

Wendy said...

Wonderful post and photos, Catherine. I absolutely LOVE that mug - hee hee... Does life get better than a cup of coffee and a good book?

hugs!