Today began for me with a little trip out to meet friends at the local coffee shop. This routine is a vital part of my day. The staff know me so well they have my coffee poured and my toast in the toaster before I walk in the door!! Sad, but true!! LOL!! After a short chat though it was time for the rest of my day to take off.
Tesco was visited and I was glad to pick up some colour to add to the house...
There is nothing quite like a lovely, full bunch of daffodils. They instantly cheer!
I also picked up this little beauty for only £5!! The colours of the flowers are beautiful but just look at the GORGEOUS little basket they came in.
I also picked up this little beauty for only £5!! The colours of the flowers are beautiful but just look at the GORGEOUS little basket they came in.
New reading material was also gathered, along with the new copy of 25 Beautiful Homes. I am looking for inspiration as minor renovations are going to begin on our house in the next month or so. More details of this as they unfold.....
By the way, I did also do what I was meant to do whilst in Tesco....the grocery shopping!!! The lovelies picked up along the way though made this part of it more bearable!! LOL!!
When James came home from school and homework was done, he decided he wanted to make a chocolate cake and who would I be to argue with such a splendid idea! Unfortunately, I can never do a taste test as I think a cake such as this would completely blow any attempt at staying within my limit for Slimming World!
When James came home from school and homework was done, he decided he wanted to make a chocolate cake and who would I be to argue with such a splendid idea! Unfortunately, I can never do a taste test as I think a cake such as this would completely blow any attempt at staying within my limit for Slimming World!
Some shortbread biscuits were also baked for hubby who loves them!
And what way am I finishing my night? Am I delving into my new reading material? Am I getting the opportunity to indulge in some hooky time?
No.....this is the what I am doing...
No.....this is the what I am doing...

2 comments:
Hi Catherine,
Thanks for visiting my blog and your super kind words about the bags! That cake looks scrumptious! As I am trying to slim, I picked up Slimming World mag and it has some great recipes. Tried the pork burgers and wedges which was good and tonight, it's pizza style chicken!
Have a great weekend.
Hen x
P.S. I have read Sophie Kinsella's other books but not this one. Wonder what it's like?
Such gorgeous flowers, scrumptious cake, and great reads! Love Sophie Kinsella!
Have a great weekend, Catherine! :o)
Post a Comment