Sunday, 15 May 2011

Springhill

Yesterday we visited Springhill, a National Trust property set in the heart of Northern Ireland. It was a VERY WET DAY but we didn't care. Picnic was packed and inappropriate footwear was worn and we had a GREAT time!



Let's have a look around.....


17th Century "Plantation" House - Front View


Back View


My ideal front door!!


Beautiful bluebells amongst...


Spectacularly vivid Rhododendron


The Terrace


A little hidey place to have a rest and a ponder...







The tour of the house, as usual was fascinating. The kids loved the stories of Olivia, the resident ghost!
I think Springhill will get a return visit in the not too distant future....hopefully on a dry day so we can explore the grounds a little more!

Mind you, no matter what the weather, trips out for the day ALWAYS end up with a visit to playground....!!!







Happy Punters, methinks!

5 comments:

Kandi said...

It looks like a fab day out, the kids looks really happy with it too!
Talking of inappropriate footwear, I once climbed a massive hill in the lakes in flip flops, needless to say my feet were sore quite quickly!
Kandi x

Pomona said...

Aren't you lucky to have rain - we need it so badly here!

Pomona x

Jo said...

Glad the rain didn't keep you house bound, looks like you had a wonderful day.

Thedarkerside73 said...

What a happy day out! Looks a lot of fun. Love that house how gorgeous is that!

Such fun family memories.


MBB x

flowers on my table said...

Looks like you had a lovely day out, despite the weather Catherine. I have never been to Springhill, it looks really lovely. Thanks for your comments, yes the "Lion's Head" is open for business, if we could only get the staff! I forgot to say in a previous post that I loved your cross stitch chicken cushion. I am sure your swap partner will be delighted. The new magazine seems to be causing a lot of delirium amongst the bloggers who crochet! Love Linda x