Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Postman's Knock

Don't you just love it when you hear the door knock, you go out to the doorstep and the lovely, lovely, LOVELY postman has left one of these DARLING boxes?!!


And what was in the box? Well, first of all there was my new favourite author....Alexander McCall Smith. Now, I don't like the Ladies Detective series. I find it dull and slow, but at my Bookclub this month the girls told me that there was a Scotland series. Well, magic to my ears! As everyone who knows me is aware I LOVE ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!!! I was delighted to find the audio book of The Importance of Being Seven: 44 Scotland Street in Bargain Books and thought I would give it a go. When I was driving up and down to mum and dad's last Thursday/ Friday I listened to it and was immediately hooked! Amazon got trawled when I got home and I picked up the books below. I don't think any of them cost more than £1.75!



THEN.....when looking for the above I found another treasure which was bought purely because I COULD NOT RESIST IT! Just look.....



Have a peek inside.......











Oh! Oh! Oh!

D ♥♥ I ♥♥ V ♥♥ I ♥♥ N ♥♥ E

12 comments:

bibbitybob said...

I'm glad you mentioned those Alexander McCall books - my Dad bought one of the Scotland series at the car boot last weekend, and he is under strict instructions to pass it on to me after he's read it. I visited Edinburgh a couple of months back and loved the place! x

Wendy said...

I love love love it when Amazon parcels arrive.

Hubby and I were saying recently that if bookshops eventually are made obsolete and we have to buy all our books online, that we'd miss browsing the bookshelves. Maybe we will, but I also love opening parcels of books.

And it's great fun browsing in Amazon anyway.

We rarely buy books in a shop these days - even if we see something we want we come home and get it off Amazon. SO much cheaper. And delivery is the next day - what's not to love?

Jo said...

I love receiving parcels filled with books. The crochet book looks to be filled with lots of gorgeous tempting pictures. Can't wait to see what you make from it.

gillyflower said...

Hi Catherine!
I'm like you, never terribly keen on the Ladies detective ones (although the tv interpretation was good what little i saw)but I adore his other books- he's one of my fav contemporary authors!
Have read all the Scotland street ones excpet the latest (too expensive yet)and love them.
You must check out his Isabel Dalhousie series too, also set in Edinburgh - called the Sunday Philosophy Club series - you will love those too!
Gill xx

Wendy said...

Let's see if Blogger will let me comment today (sigh). Know that I have wanted to comment on your other posts but can't :-(

I've never heard of Alexander McCall Smith, but the books do look interesting... I LOVE the vintage crochet one! The teapot cosy - how delightful! You might have to share that pattern ;)

The ladies at our little post office (we have to pick up our mail) always tease Floyd about the amount of Amazon boxes that make their way to our address!!

ZippyZippy said...

Hi Catherine!
My postman came today too!
My cushion cover arrived - I love it, thanks so much, and thanks for the other little surprises too. Have a great day.

Helen Philipps said...

Oh I love those books too! and when you've finished those there's still the wonderful Isabel Dalhousie series to read too which I probably like even more! Such a treat finding a new to you author who has written lots of books to enjoy. And what a great treat having a box of books arrive - bliss!
Have a great weekend. Helen x

gillyflower said...

Re: your comment on mine - Oh I would've loved to have seen Alan Titchmarsh, yes indeed! He's the man for me!
Funnily enough, when my daughter was little we used to watch Gardeners World together and she used to say, look, there's Daddy!Cos my hubby, when younger, less portly (ahem!)and less grey, did look rather similar! But AT has kept his waistline - all that digging you see.

love those cupcakes said...

Ooh, lovely parcel. I buy most of my books from Amazon. Then I discovered they also sell shoes. My bank account is suffering badly!

potterjotter said...

Whatever did we do before Amazon? I just love trawling through their books - am about to get myself a little something in a minute, which I will blog about in due course. I think all postmen are just lovely - sometimes!

flowers on my table said...

Oh it's so lovely when you recieve a parcel of goodies. I got 44 Scotland St. from the library and enjoyed it very much. The vintage crochet book looks great.Love Linda x

Anonymous said...

Ab.so.lute. TREASURE! Look at all of those fun, new books. The pics in your new crochet books are yummy - very fun! Congrats! =]