Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Granny Spike Cushion

This is mainly a picture post. Nothing much going on at present except for this!!

I wanted to try something a little different, not a lot, just a little!! Jacquie, a.k.a Bunny Mummy, had created the Granny Spike stitch so having decided to give it a whirl I followed her tutorial, found here.














I also followed her tutorial for the cushion back. You can find it here.

All in all I am thrilled with the finished product. Another cushion to add to the ever growing pile that will end up in the presently non-existent kids' playroom!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh it's lovely. The colours are so cheerful. I have tried to crochet a few times and it always ends up a scraggy mess. I wish I could get it right because I love all the crocheted things people are making at the moment and want to make them myself so badly.

Sarah said...

Looks great. I've tried crochet over and over. I think my brain is just not built to understand it! X

do you mind if i knit said...

Oooohhhh lovely! Love the bright colours, a burst of zing! I'm going to have to get hold of a copy of Mollie Makes mag, it's had rave reviews all over blog land! Love Vanessa xxx

Jo said...

Wow, it's gorgeous. I love the colours you have chosen, perfect for a playroom.

flowers on my table said...

I agree with Wendy, seeing all this lovely brightly coloured crochet makes me want to have a go. I got a book from the library this week to make a start, but typical, I'm rather busy with other stuff! Your cushion is lovely, so beautifully worked Catherine. Thanks for your lovely comments,much appreciated, love Linda x

House Built On Stone said...

i love the crochet so colourful

Tickety-boo said...

thank you for your comment on my blog. Lovely to have a new follower. I look forward to reading your blog too. Love the granny cushion.

Tickety-boo
x

Alison said...

Wow! What fantastic colours, Catherine.

Melissa said...

as usual, i am having serious crochet envy!!

gorgeous for a playroom...or a hall way or a big old reading chair...

melissa x

gillyflower said...

Catherine its lovely! So bright and cheerful, and a lovely design.
You should feel very proud of that!!
Thanks for your comments! I can't wait for wednesday and the Chelsea Flower Show - hope it stays dry though! Glad you liked the pacthwork!
Gill xx