Friday, 25 September 2009

Phew!

I almost fell tonight at the first thrifting hurdle, having only just started?!!!! In my sheer excitement at Amy having found THE book I swiftly went down the usual route of logging on to Amazon, searching through further Roddy Doyle books and almost, yes, almost clicking to buy!! Then..oh my...I remembered...and my finger stopped in mid flight!! Habits are so hard to break! So methought I would wait until first book was finished, then Amy and I would hop on some public transport (the most exciting entertainment for said child...forget the roomful of toys when faced with going on a bus!) and trawl through some second hand bookshops (my most exciting entertainment!).
The next few Saturdays are now accounted for...so nice not having to plan....

3 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

I do this often. I remember that I really don't need something right that minute.

Alison said...

Well caught! I do buy most of my Amazon books second hand though (one of them arrived today in a great orange wrapping labelled 'thriftbooks.com') so it is possible to look for the thrifty option online.

So, what are Charity Shops like in your neck of the woods?

magsmcc said...

What was THE book?