There is a rose growing through the bramble hedge at the side of our garden. This rose came from my grandfather's garden to my dad's garden and now to mine. I love this old fashionned rose. I do not know its name but I think it is beautiful...
Amy with her sun flower grown from seed
James planted some broad beans courtesy of the National Trust
In the house I had this.....



9 comments:
There is nothing like pottering about outside to inspire you :-) Fab makes!
Oh that kaftan is FABULOUS! Anf the tankie will be too- oh, the weather!
How very funny! It is the same here, in Vermont. It was DESPERATELY hot, last week (when I was putting my garden in) but, happily, just when I finished the weeding and planting, a week of chill and rain came. The plants couldn't be happier!=]
Love, Katy Noelle xo
It's wonderful what we can take inspiration from. I love the kaftan, it's gorgeous. What a shame the rain came on sports day, it was always the same when my two had their sports day.
Your post made me giggle. However, right now I would adore even ten minutes of sunshine and warmth. I am afraid winter has closed in in these parts.
Wow Catherine, you have been a busy bee too! Love the top. I had a little tee hee about the weather, it's so true! I love it so much that your Grandfather's beautiful rose has travelled through the generations...how fab is that. Your children are funny, looking all bookish and studious in the photo. Thanks for your comments about the jelly, it is basically an apple jelly that you flavour with fresh lavender and colour with a few blackberries, it's lovely on scones or with roast lamb.Love Linda x
Wow! You are inspiring! Such a speedy maker you seem to be! Your rose is lovely and that sunflower is going to be gigantic. Fun!
I missed this, until today. I've needed both your lovely makes since this morning ... the weather here in Wales just can't decide what to do! And now it's blowing a gale!
I have looked at that kaftan Make It Perfect pattern lots of times, but never purchased. I am not a clothes maker - was it easy to do. Your fabric choice is lovely.
Enjoy the holidays - 2 months is a long time, our summer holidays are usually 5 or 6 weeks.
Post a Comment