Monday, 6 June 2011

Cushion Swap

I meant to write this post at the weekend but time got away on me. After all the enthusiasm for making my own stuff I was REALLY excited when the postie delivered this little gem on Friday...



This had winged its way all the way from Australia and the very talented Jess...check out her blog. It's sooooo lovely getting something that has been hand-made by someone else! You can really appreciate the work that has gone into it!

Isn't it just gorgeous?!







One problem though....who gets to keep it? Me or my very pretty and purple liking daughter? Active negotiations are ongoing.........

A BIG THANK YOU TO JESS FOR THE CUSHION
AND
TO
VIC FOR ORGANISING THE SWAP!!

16 comments:

Jo said...

I've never taken part in a swap yet, I bet it's exciting when the parcel arrives, especially when it's something as pretty as this. You can really appreciate the work that's gone in to something handmade when you craft yourself.

Dawn said...

Very pretty, what lovely colours. I wonder who got to keep it?

Pink Milk said...

I love that cushion - it's gorgeous! The purple flowery fabric is very similar to some curtains I thrifted recently!

You could try the 'mummy sad face' with your daughter!! It occasionally works! ;-)

Hx

A Life So Peachy said...

Catherine- I'm so glad you (& Amy) like it! It is one of those scaryish things... hoping that your little piece of handmade makes it across the world safely and that your swap partner likes what they get! :) Jess x

Annie said...

I'm terrified of swaps. What if the thing I recieve far outshines what I sent? Or worse, what if I just don't like it?

The first thing that struck me about your cushion is that it's very purple, and then I remembered my Mum making me a dress back in the 70's in a fabric that was oh so similar to that floral print ... so your cushion has brought back happy memories for me :)

Pom Pom said...

Pretty! Cushion making is important, isn't it? I am going to make some cushions from vintage tablecloths. I can't wait to festoon the house with them.

...Nina Nixon... said...

Such lovely fabric - lucky you.....it's gorgeous. N x

Funkymonkey said...

Oh, I expect your daughter will win! I have a son that usually does. How exciting to receive a parcel that's come from such a long way away....or is that me being sad?

Tracey

potterjotter said...

You lucky person, you. I love those aqua colours with the purple. Maybe you and your daughter could do a time-share with it? Ok, no, that wouldn't work.

Wendy said...

Mmmm - lovely fabrics Jess used. Fab colours too - I am so into blues and purples and vintage prints at the mo.

flowers on my table said...

Lovely cushion Catherine, I am having the same battle with my daughter over Mary Poppins lovely bag, but I refuse to give in this time! Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

Lynne said...

Hello! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, your blog looks great, and I'm enjoying reading it. Lynne

gillyflower said...

Lovely vintage cushion! Love the mix of fabrics!
There is something quite exciting receiving a parcel from "foreign parts" isnt there?
Like Annie I think I would be too nervous to do a sawp!
Maybe you and your duaghter could do a time share arrangement with the cushion??!!! My daughter and I "share" things that way - usually clothes, and usually more of a "can I borrow" arrangement!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely cushion, no wonder you are chuffed to bits. Love the applique flower in the corner, your eye is just drawn to it. Think there would be NO negotiation in this home!

Unknown said...

Wow - how lovely and bright. Maybe you could have it Monday to Friday and your daughter could do weekends.

Nicky said...

Beautiful! I have had a wander around your blog, you are very talented. Thank you for your kind words and recent visit to my blog, it is always great when people stop by! xx