Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Bits and Pieces

Last week I cleared out Amy's room and added a few new decorative bits and bobs. One of the things I worked on was the bunting inspired by Julia. I was so pleased with the result! It looks so pretty on her little shelf...



Amy thankfully also is delighted with it. She is trying to steal the other little project I completed last week....but I'm holding on to it for now....! Inspired by Lucy at Attic24 I crocheted a little jacket for my pen pot because....well....because it NEEDED one!!!


The photos don't really do justice to the colours....the Smartie colours are so vivid in reality and I want to put them everywhere!!

Amy had spent all of last week at her Nanny and Papa's house, so on Thursday the rest of us packed up and headed down to Tyrone to spend the weekend with them and then bring Amy home with us on Sunday.

We had a lovely few days catching up with everyone. A lot of time was spent chatting, shopping (I got a new pair of Fly London shoes using a voucher I had been given in January for my birthday!! Heavenly!) and watching old movies. Mum, Amy and I love all the old musicals. Amy saw Easter Parade for the first time and it is her new favourite (surprising as Doris Day doesn't feature!! LOL!).

On Saturday we took James, Amy and her friend Zoe who was visiting from Germany, to see the new Nanny McPhee movie.

Sequels always worry me as they rarely are as good as the original. This one though, was fantastic (even though it lacked Colin Firth! LOL!). It was funny and heart warming. There will probably also be an upsurge in Cath Kidston clothing sales...may be led by me! Hee Hee!

The kids and Peter enjoyed their Easter chocolate. It was hard but I resisted...and I'm glad I did. I have now lost 1 stone and 7 pounds. My dress size has dropped 2 sizes. I feel so much healthieralready and I am having a lot of fun getting new clothes. Just a bit to go...

Now that we are home we are just spending the next few days pottering about, tidying a little, sewing a little (hopefully a finished project to show you in the next day or so) and visiting a couple of places. It's lovely when we are all together, no work or school interfering with our plans.

Enjoy the rest of the Easter break!

5 comments:

magsmcc said...

Amy needs a room warming party!

Jackie said...

Love the heart bunting and the smartie coloured crochet jar cover ~ both are lovely. We are off to see the Nanny McPhee film later in the week too :O) x

Anonymous said...

your pen pot is beautiful! and the bunting too :o) i keep trying to find the time to male Julia's lovely bunting.

xxx

sumea

Anonymous said...

The bunting and the pen pot cover are gorgeous! And well done on the weight loss!

JuicyFig said...

I love the bunting and the pen pot 'warmer' (my husband mocks me that everything made in wool is a 'warmer')

I haven't seen either of the nanny mcfee films, my daughter was studying film at collage for a while, so all we watched were very strange films!

Kath
x