Thursday, 22 April 2010

Off for the Weekend....

Tomorrow the kids and I are off to stay with my mum and dad for the weekend. Peter has two golf matches over the weekend so we thought this would be a good time to go since we'll not see a lot of him anyway!

The plans for our weekend are pretty relaxed...we will go with the flow! I am taking a little sewing as I have a few projects to work on (more info at another time!!) and some reading material (not sure what but am thinking Family Album by Penelope Lively...attractive cover! LOL!).

If my mum has nothing planned for Saturday and the weather remains lovely we might all go to the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, as it is only a few miles away. There is a fabulous needlecraft exhibition on there at the moment which I would love to see, but the kids will enjoy going from house to house and experiencing life as it would have been in the early 1800's in Ireland, walking through a replica ship and coming out the other side in the "New World" and experiencing life as it would have been in pioneer America! All very exciting for large imaginations in little people! A few photos will be taken if we get there!

Whatever your plans are for the weekend, be sure to enjoy it!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Have a great time if you do go to the Ulster American Folk Park. Having just come back from Southern Ireland and having been to an exhibition at Cobh about the Irish emmigration, this looks fascinating .... much bigger and interactive too. Much better than the one at Cobh, although I did really enjoy that - have fun:0)

VintageVicki said...

The museum sounds like it will be very interesting - look forward to photos.

Have a great weekend :)

Alison said...

That Folk Park sounds wonderful! It's so impressive how things are displayed now. I was thinking of going into Museum Education until I got so engrossed with dyslexia etc...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely, have a good time!!

JuicyFig said...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Kath
x

Katy Noelle said...

Okay, I've just had a lot of fun catching up on some of your posts. Let's see, I love the pencil holder=]. Okay, I saw you in that pretty dress and I thought, oh, how lovely she looks and what a pretty dress. THEN, I remembered that you were dieting. Well done! The time has truly come for me to do the same but there is so much else to do, I am dreading it.

I will get the book after your glowing review. Hooray!!!! I didn't know there was a new Nanny McPhee movie. That museum sounds like JUST our kind of place!!!! I hope that you had a brilliant weekend!

Love, Katy

Oh, and, by the way, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I send it out there and wonder if I'm a loony. Will, anyone want to know all this? I think it's funny! Will anyone else? You have been a true encouragement from the start and I really REALLY appreciate it! Thank you!

Katy Noelle said...

P.S. I was wondering how in the world people followed, like, 100 blogs. I was not signing up to follow many blogs because I was trying to limit limit limit. BUT, this is madness, trying to come and "catch up". Why don't I just follow your blog?! Tadaaaa! I get there in the end! =]