Needlecraft exhibition
The Park
My ancestral heritage...The forge
My mum grew up with her uncle and aunt who were blacksmiths, as were another uncle and aunt
Weaver's Cottage
Mellon Homestead...Ancestral home of Thomas Mellon, founder of Mellon Bank in Pennsylvania
(This house is sitting on its original site)
Wish these were mine!!
The Mellon Family
What a fab job...being guide in one of these houses and being allowed to crochet or sew all day!
Not my idea for a relaxing soak!!
The fabrics in the quilts blew me away! There were some beautiful quilts on the "American" side which I obviously didn't get photos of. My favourite house was also on that side!!
If you ever get the chance to visit Northern Ireland, visit Omagh in Co.Tyrone (the best county...don't tell hubby I said that!! LOL!!) and spend a day at the Ulster American Folk Park (no...the tourist board is not paying me!!). You'll love it!
If you ever get the chance to visit Northern Ireland, visit Omagh in Co.Tyrone (the best county...don't tell hubby I said that!! LOL!!) and spend a day at the Ulster American Folk Park (no...the tourist board is not paying me!!). You'll love it!
7 comments:
I went there in 1987, it was fabulous.
What a lovely place and lovely things you have shared. I wish I were there :) Thank you so much for sharing this.
I also want to thank you for visiting my blog to welcome me back. It means a lot to me to know my friends have been thinking of me :)
That looks like the sort of place I'd love to visit. I love anything connected with social history.
What a fantastic place. I'm glad it was photo heavy because it was lovely, thank you, Karen x
I must have been born on the wrong Island in the wrong era!
fantastic photo's - I am going to start planning a trip now - never been to Northern Ireland! I do have an Aunt from Straban, and some of the stories she tells us about home when she was a child are brilliant.
oh - and her brother in law, also from NI states than no one on earth can say 'butter' like a man from NI.
Kath
x
Actually, the Irish side looks an AWFUL LOT like American museums that we have here. =] Super fun!
It looks a great day out. Thanks for your lovely pictures
Post a Comment