Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Big School!!

This was Amy's first day at "Big School". She was a little excited and a lot nervous!! Thankfully it was a short day simply for the new Year 8 to be acclimatised to their new surroundings. She has one girl with her from Primary School and they have been put in the same class. By the end of the morning they had also made a new friend.

I am so proud of Amy. This summer has been a particularly tough one for her as she has found the entire transition process to be quite difficult. She loved her primary school and her friends and she has been missing them greatly. Today, she bravely set out on a new adventure.

Tomorrow the adventure continues as the new intake is taken away for a residential in an outdoor pursuits centre. Amy was always comfortable being away from home but during the summer this changed and she is very concerned about tomorrow. The thought of being away from home with a group of people she doesn't know yet is scary. I will be on tenterhooks until she returns! After this, school on Monday should be a breeze!








5 comments:

Angela said...

Thoughts and prayers with you all as Amy starts this Big Adventure [and Mum tries not to be anxious!]

love and blessings xx

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh I remember that so well when my eldest went to big school last year. My middle one goes next year and I think she will be more nervous - it is horrid for a partent to watch really sending them off to somewhere they don't want to go :-( My smallest starts school for the first time next week - she can't wait, I on the other hand can :-(

Pom Pom said...

Oh, God bless Amy!
She is so lovely and it sounds like she has a poet's soul. I hope she has a happy time this weekend.

Lorraine Ogilby said...

Catherine - she looks so grown up - big changes ahead but she will cope well. Its amazing how they just seem to cope with everything very quickly! xo

gillyflower said...

Good Luck to Amy, I hope she is settling in well and finding her feet. It is such a huge thing for them moving schools, making new friends and being in the youngest year again where everything is new and unfamiliar.
Gill xx