Friday, 17 August 2012

Summer Holidays ~ Part 2 ~ Fleetwood

Just before we headed off to Wales we decided we also like to visit my brother-in-law and his wife this summer, so the boat was booked there and then and two weeks after we returned from holiday #1 we sailed again and made our way down the M6 to Fleetwood for holiday #2. We had a wonderful week catching up with family. The weather was fabulous and although we were out and about every day it was relaxing moseying about rather than frantic sightseeing. I apologise now as this is a post of pictures. Sorry!!

Marsh Mill Craft Village, Thornton (Wool shop and fabric shop=happy holiday maker!)


Grace and Favour Fabric Shop


Grace and Favour

Yummy grub!
Amy did some baking with her Auntie Loraine

Beach Huts in Fleetwood
Sunset over Morecambe Bay

The first of many parks...Fleetwood

Stanley Park, Blackpool
Italian Gardens, Stanley Park

Boating Lake, Stanley Park






Cooling Down
Blackpool


Lytham
Wishful thinking!!
Owd Nells



Along the banks of the Lancaster Canal









Lots of picnics and knitting!

Should this be our new residence or....

should we live by the canal?
We had a fantastic week but now it's back to reality. Washing and ironing has been caught up on and the house tidied. We have had trial runs on the train for Amy as this will be her mode of transport to her new school and now in the next week and a half I have the monumentally boring task of uniform labelling to get on with! Yuck!

Mind you...in between times methinks a few more picnics, parks and beaches could possibly be squeezed in ☺

4 comments:

Rachel Leverton said...

What a lovely blog you have! You left a nice comment on my blog, and I thought I'd hop over to do a bit of blog-stalking, ha ha :) I love the photos. My Mum is from Holland and many of your pictures remind me of my trip there to see her family.

busybusybeejay said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog today.My brother lives in Poulton le Fylde which is near to all the places you showed us.But all we ever do is rush up the motorway from N wales ,have lunch and rush back.I resolve not to do that next time but linger and revisit some of those places.Good luck with the new school.I must say you look a lovely happy family.

Mum said...

So glad you enjoyed your visit to my part of the world.
Love from Mum
xx

El Perro Blanco said...

Looks like the most fabulous time was had - Next year will you take me with you on holiday?