A little mini ta-dah for this beautiful HOT sunny Saturday in my little corner of the globe. As you have seen from my last few posts I have been happily plodding along with
my Amy's stripey socks. They have been an absolute pleasure to knit. Instead of 4-ply sock yarn I used a DK yarn that is intended for baby clothes. It was beautiful to work with and has made a very soft but heavy sock that should take a lot of use and abuse!
Today I knew I was nearing the stage to shape the toe so I took myself off to the garden with sock in hand, a large cold drink beside me and Radio 4 gently playing in the background...had to catch up on the week's Women's Hour! An hour or two of gentle
baking knitting in the heat and I had a pair of completed socks. They have been
Ravelled here.
Now to finish crocheting the stripey blanket although I do also feel another little knitting project coming on....off to cast on!
5 comments:
So cute! I friended you on Rav.
I'm glad you are having sunshine!
Such pretty socks!! I like the new blog home page photo.
What a perfect morning! I am having a similar afternoon, although its gardening time for me and crocheting a shrug ... x
Socks are the perfect summer knitting. They are very pretty!
They are lovely.Weekend Womans Hour is a must for me too.Great excuse for a bit of crafting time!
Post a Comment