I so love dahlias! When picking between cut flowers from the major supermarkets (which can be pretty) and these which are home grown (not by me I have to add!), there really is no competition. I love them! I love them! I love them!
My friend crocheted the mat for me and I think it is so pretty with the jug and flowers. I wish I could crochet like this but for the time being I'll stick to granny squares, although I may attempt a ripple blanket in the not so distant future, especially if I find some funky wool when I am in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks.
Last week I began a scarf. I got the wool in a very old fashionned drapers shop when I was visiting my mum. Stepping into this shop is like stepping back in time. It is hard to find a place to stand as it is so full of treasures! When you ask for something, the staff scurry behind the old wooden counters, climb a ladder and produce box after box that are filled to the brim with bits and pieces, some of which I think may have been lurking there for the last eighty years!
On this shopping trip I loved the colours of wool they had in stock...very bright and cheerful..and I am always drawn to all things Green!
Does anyone else have a problem getting everyone in the family to eat the same food at meal times? Hubby usually eats what I like but the kids are generally picky. Well today I took the proverbial bull by the horns and said enough was enough. Every week at the Farmers' Market there is the most beautiful array of fish. I never get any as I am the only one who really likes fish in the house and I am also unsure of what to do with some of it. Today,with the fishmonger's advice I bought some hake. He said that it was the best choice for introducing fish to reluctant fish eaters and boy was he right. I pan fried it and served it with a tomato and chorizo sauce. Yum! Yum! Peter ( an ardent non fish eater!!) cleared his plate, enjoyed it and asked for it to be repeated!!! Wonders never cease! Even the kids ate their tea...almost cleared their plates (mind you, the threat of not being allowed a DVD after it did prove to be a good incentive!! LOL!).
I just have to finish by showing you the little gem I picked up this morning at the market. I found a girl who makes jewellry. Her pieces are lovely and vary in price. Can you believe she had a ring made from my all time favourite thing....BUTTONS! Yes, A BUTTON RING and it was ONLY £4!!!!!!!! I had to have it!
3 comments:
I'm sure it counts as thrift in your universe! Hope all your readers are coming to support you at Mothers' Union tomorrow night!
I think that's thrift good and proper - well done - keep up the good work:0)
Oh what a gorgeous button ring! I just love button jewellery. Love your blog! Lucy x
Post a Comment