The usual dahlias were purchased...
Monday, 19 October 2009
A Productive Few Days
Saturday morning as usual was spent at St.George's Market, the local farmers' market. Good food was consumed, some was purchased for the week and a few other pretty handmade trinkets were picked up. I was very excited by a stall I had not seen before. A lady had a display of skirts that she had made and she was sewing some more as she was there. What was unusual about these skirts was that they were made from old tents! She was making them to act as waterproofs! Sounds a little weird but they were fabulous! Hopefully in a week or two I will have saved a little (?!) and will get one. Amy loved them too and is looking for one! Many photos will then be taken and posted.
The usual dahlias were purchased...
A few were put into my favourite Scottish pottery....
Saturday afternoon and Sunday were spent finishing off my scarf. I am delighted with the result and have worn it all day today!
Today I went to the fabric shop to pick up a few bits and pieces that I needed for a bag that I was planning to make. I had chosen Amy Butler fabric when in Scotland in the summer and had got the pattern for a "Taxi Tote" (Anna Maria Horner)when there. It was such a simple bag to make and I love the end result. I look forward to using it in Edinburgh on my wee trip this week!
When I was in the fabric shop James gravitated with my friend Mags and her son to his favourite place....the furry fabric....
No more updates now until my trip is over...Edinburgh here I come!!!!!
The usual dahlias were purchased...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Why don't my Saturdays havesuch colourful results- I just about got to the supermarket!
Hey there!
Wow that scarf is just gorgeous! no wonder you wanted to wear it all day! I love your bag too, very pretty. I have to say although I am not convinced about the tent skirts I am intrigued. Look forward to seeing some photo's of them. I think all I am imagining is the rather dull green of our tent! lol.
Hope you all have a lovely holiday.
MBBx
Love the scarf ~ it looks very cosy and is something you just might need on your trip to Edinburgh ~ it has been a little bit on the cold side here! Hope you have a very lovely trip ~ Enjoy :O)
Have fun on your trip!
I love the bag. Was it really so easy to make?
Have a great time in Edinburgh! x
I love the scarf and bag. I have a bit of that Amy Butler fabric and it really is beautiful! Enjoy Edinburgh. A x
Love the seasonal colours in your scarf and flowers. Have a fabulous time in Edinburgh.
I love your taxi tote! I was planning on making this bag and seeing your picture makes me want to start right away!
Post a Comment