Although I LOVE the Cath Kidston cover on "The Diary of a Provincial Lady", it is the cover of "Provincial Daughter" that really catches me! The image exudes style and elegance and a beautifully manicured home...just like mine (sorry about the delusional moment there!! LOL!!)...well, how I would like it to be!
The cleaning to make a manicured home may have to wait though...I have a reading pile to work through and that takes precedence!
10 comments:
I'd love a pink frock like that - just right for parties!
Pomona x
My reading pile is growing to dizzy heights but I can't help adding to it....one of these days I'll read them all!
Jayne
I saw your comment on Yarnstorm's Edinburgh post.....thought I'd give you some directions to Victoria Street - from Princes Street go up the Mound towards the Royal Mile, cross over the Royal Mile (the National Library will now be on your left) and take the first road on the right - this is Victoria Street and it leads down to the Grassmarket - some amazing shops and food places - it's worth a look!
We have a house full of books because all three of us are readers. There is nothing quite like the smell of a bookshop and the feel of a new book in your hands. Problem is, there is an ever increasing pile of books under the bed. Oh dear I'm going to have to leave the housework and read them all!
Tracey
The covers are so lovely! Yes - I know what you mean about the piles of books... one day... maybe!
so awesome!
love them Catherine
enjoy with your tea! :o)
I haven't read any of those books so will be popping over to Amazon to find out more. And no doubt will end up adding to my book pile! Oh yes, and thanks for leaving the comment about Saltburn.
Oh, I love The Provincial Lady (even better when she Goes Further and in Wartime). What a pretty cover. The Provincial Daughter is never Vicky All-Growed-Up, is it? I would love to read that if it is!
oh, that's some droolworthy covers indeed! i always skip here and there in my evergrowing to-read-pile, i'm a mood reader aka have to be in the right mood for a particular style of book. i'm just not able to have a queue like that, but i feel a bit sorry for the books who have been waiting to be read for years now, hm...
Good for you! I so love the Diary of a Provincial Lady, which bears much rereading, and although Provincial Daughter doesn't have quite the same elegant wit, it's just as charming. What lovely editions you've found.
Post a Comment