This morning Peter dropped me off at
St. George's Market, a farmers' market that takes place in Belfast every Saturday morning. It is a wonderful place, full of organic food stalls which you can sample and then buy from, and other stalls selling organic items such as handmade soaps, candles,etc. When I got there I got a yummy crepe and a mug of coffee, sat down, read my book for a little while as a jazz band played in the background! Bliss! It was so relaxing and it lifted my spirits as I was feeling a bit glum....I had an accident in the car yesterday (no-one hurt) when a lady pulled out of her lane as I was passing her....ripped the side out of my car!!!
Once I had finished I wandered around the market and picked up a few bits and pieces for this week. The produce is lovely and I have to admit there is such a different taste from the food bought in the supermarkets. I got some parsnips and pears as I found a lovely recipe this week for soup and I have spent this afternoon making it up. The smell in the house is lovely and I have a few portions made for the freezer. Peter's lunches should be a little more interesting than usual! I'll add the recipe later.
I'm spending the rest of the evening simply relaxing in front of the fire and reading my book. To me...a perfect Saturday!
5 comments:
oh - lovely
when i come and visit you some day - you will have to take me there :o)
sounds like a perfect day to me too
Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day! I wish I could walk around the market with you! One of my favorite things to make each week is soup - I'm known as the "soup lady", LOL! I would love your recipe! Hugs to you and thank you for the prayers for my father. I'm so glad we are back in touch!
Blessings!
Julia
what a lovely day. So sorry about your accident, hope you weren't too badly shaken.
I have been dashing around with children and ponies so I'm envying you your lovely marketing and relaxing day!
Jackie
x
Oh my gosh Catherine, Praise The Lord you were all ok :). How bad is your car though.
Your morning at the market sounded awesome - is this the same market that I went to with you when I came over?
Which book are you reading at the moment?
Catch you later
Tons of hugs
Page
Sounds soooo nice! So sorry about the car! We're hoping to go to the Continental Market soon - it's just arrived at the City Hall and we love it!!
Post a Comment