This has been quite a busy day which has chiefly centred around James. We began the day with a hospital appointment for a pre-operative assessment. About two years ago it became very evident that James had quite a severe squint in one eye that at that time was also affecting his sight. Since then he has been patched on the good eye at varying degrees and he wears glasses full time. I have to say that for such a young child he has been a wee star about this and has worn both without any problem at all. The result of this has been tremendous. Although the squint hasn't changed much, his eyesight has. It has shown such a good improvement that they can now go ahead with the cosmetic nature of the surgery, that is, to straighten the eye. Although it is mainly for cosmetic appearances it does have to be done as it could continue to affect his sight in later life. Today they arranged that he will go for the surgery ON MONDAY!!!! Closer than I thought!! Hopefully there will be nothing in his health check to prevent this. Please pray for him for his surgery and for Peter and I that our nerves will remain calm!
Tonight was his Campaigners night. This is a church based youth organisation split into three levels:
EAGLES (age 4 - 6) - introduction to Campaigners with a relaxed playground atmosphere. Activities include craft, Bible stories and "step" awards.
JUNOS (age 6 - 10) - a lively programme of games and activities. Basic skills for everyday life are taught and proficiency badges are awarded.
INTERS (age 10 - 13) - there are opportunities for service in the community and the Church. In addition, they are encouraged to develop outdoor activities.
JUNOS (age 6 - 10) - a lively programme of games and activities. Basic skills for everyday life are taught and proficiency badges are awarded.
INTERS (age 10 - 13) - there are opportunities for service in the community and the Church. In addition, they are encouraged to develop outdoor activities.
He only started about two months ago but he absolutely loves it. My friends, Liz and Karen, are his leaders and he adores them. Every morning of the week WITHOUT FAIL, he asks if it is Tuesday yet!! He has learned so much already....Thanks Girls!
Tonight he got his little jumper (I have a badge to sew on....Yuck!) abd he is so proud of it. Here are some photos I took of my handsome chappy!!
Did I say "Handsome"......maybe "Cheeky Chappy"!!!!
His badge

5 comments:
I will be sure to pray about this situation, for James, and for you. I pray that God will keep his comforting and protective arms around you all!
Andrea
Hi Catherine,
I know you're worried as all mommy's do when things like this come around. I'll pray for your little James and also for your entire family to remain calm and settled throughout the days ahead. God Bless you and keep you,
Love,
Sharon
Catherine, he is so cute in his jumper! I love having him there every week, he just gives me that gorgeous smile of his! He and T have such a great time together. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers for Monday.
Catherine ~
I will be praying for James. Sammie had her eyes operated on at Children's Hospital here and is doing smashly well!
I will be praying for your peace on mind also - so hard on the Mom.
Love ya,
Cathie
What a cute guy! He looks great in his new Campaigners top! Elizabeth just got hers too. Poor guy, I'm sorry he has to have surgery. I hope all goes well and he never is bothered again!
Post a Comment