Monday, 10 November 2008



I have written before about my concerns about Amy's reading. She is not dyslexic but she does show tendencies towards it. She does not receive extra support in school for it as her comprehension is good and she is not "weak" enough to be considered for help (I AM thankful her comprehension is good as the problem would be so much worse if it wasn't).

Due to the nature of my job and my training I am in the fortunate position of having the resources and skills to deal with the problem myself. Amy has been working really hard at home as well as school and I am so thankful that I am seeing improvements. She is coping with the spellings set by her teacher and so far is keeping up with the rest of her class in this area. Part of the "success" is also due to increased confidence within herself which I am delighted about.

On Wednesday I have to go into school for the interview with her teacher. I will be interested to see if she feels there is improvement and what she suggests we will do now. As long as Amy is happy and coping with her work I will be happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are seeing an improvement in Amy's reading and confidence! Well done to her for her hard work. :)And I'm glad you had the resources to help her.