Saturday, 24 March 2012

What A Glorious Day!

I love Saturdays anyway but today has been just lovely! It began with a natural wake-up..no alarm clock beeping! Pootling downstairs to get breakfast, I found my two men already at the table, enjoying their breakfast and absorbing some reading material (Peter was actually reading LAST weekend's paper!! They last us all week!)


The weather has been so good today that much of the rest of my day was spent doing this. Occasionally the knitting was put down and a book (Corduroy Mansions) was lifted.


The only break was a "taxi" run with Amy to a birthday party and we were able to squeeze in the weekly grocery shop just before her drop off! At least I can say I did one useful thing today!! LOL!!

When I was sitting in the garden, I looked at our main flower bed which needs a little weeding but I felt today, as it was my first day of sitting out this year, it was simply going to be spent relaxing, enjoying the warmth, listening to the birds and watching them setting up home together and quite simply taking the chance to...just BE!

It...has...been...SO GOOD!

Tonight we are all chilling together. All four squeezed together on the sofa for a movie night (Horrid Henry The Movie is showing in our living room tonight)

Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are!

8 comments:

Jo said...

It sounds like a blissful day. I've been to the allotment, as well as doing other odd jobs, so I'm hoping that I get some chill time tomorrow.

Inthesky said...

Here is to many more relaxing days :)

Annie said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday ... I'm quite green with envy!

Nicky said...

What a lovely day. I love that your little man is reading down the other end of the table - so cute!

Katy Noelle said...

How really absolutely wonderful!!! So happy for you! =]

busybusybeejay said...

Hasn't it been a lovely day.Such a treat in March.

funkymonkey said...

It sounds like the perfect day to me. Sometimes we just need to stop and begin to enjoy.

Tracey

flowers on my table said...

Hello Catherine, isn't this weather marvellous. Hope you enjoyed Horrid Henry, I rather enjoy reading the books to Lois. Love Linda x