Wednesday, 21 March 2012

A Much Better Day☺

Today has been a much better day! No injuries...so far!!

For Mother's Day I received this from Amy...


I have had so much fun browsing through all its loveliness and have many, many plans for future projects. My question is when will I get them all done?!

To satisfy my excitement I decided to work on the crochet hook holder. I did need one and have had fabric set out for months for that very purpose but hadn't got round to it. On a search of the stash I found cotton yarn that matched in quite well with my fabric. It was really easy and quick crocheting the front and it only took just over an hour sewing up the rest. I am so pleased with the result....so......Ta Dah!




The rest of my Mother's Day gifts were equally lovely. Some handmade cards...



A lovely poem written out...

A lovely decorated trinket box and a book of "coupons" to redeem at my pleasure!



Some PJs...

a book, Casting About, and two pretty dresses! Spoiled or what?!

We had a thoroughly lovely day on Sunday, with a picnic on the shores of Strangford Lough (it was warm and sunny and we were able to sit out!!), a trip around Mount Stewart (again!!) and finally a drive around the coast with a final picnic cuppa sitting on the shores of the North Channel looking over at the Mull of Galloway, just before it was enshrouded with cloud and the hail stones hopped on the ground. Talk about four seasons in one day

7 comments:

Pink Milk said...

Wowee, you had some super Mothers' Day gifts - love the coupons!!

That crochet book is fab isn't it. I love your crochet hook roll.

So glad today was a little more serene!

Heather x

Angela said...

Now that sounds like a MUCH better day!

VintageVicki said...

A much better day :)

That book is lovely - several at my S&B group have it :)

Nicky said...

Sorry to hear about your A & E visits, glad all has settled down now. You got well and truely spoilt on mothers day. I love your crochet hook roll, very pretty. xx

Wendy said...

I love the new header photo although I kind of miss your smiling face ;) Your Mother's Day is earlier than ours - I think it is the second Sunday in May over here.

I love the daffodils - ours have just started to break the soil and I can't wait!

flowers on my table said...

Hi Catherine, so glad you were spoilt on Mother's Day. Your crocheted cover is lovely. I love Mount Stewart, it is such a lovely house and the gardens are fantastic.

Many thanks for your comments on stencilling, it really has moved on, hasn't it? Sorry for the belated reply, have a great weekend. It is so good to see the nice weather! Love Linda x

Fleur Cotton said...

I bought this book as a new years resolution to learn to crochet, but really struggling to get to grips with crocheting. I just love two needles and can't get my head around one hook!

Fleur x

fleurcotton.blogspot.com