Sunday, 15 April 2012

Remembering


14th April 1912 - 14th April 2012
100 years

Tonight I had the privelege of being in the audience at the Belfast Waterfront Hall for "Titanic:A Commemoration In Music and film" which was broadcast on BBC2. It has been a powerful and thought provoking night.

We think so often of this mighty ship but the presentation tonight really brought home the scale of the human tragedy. So many lives needlessly lost. I hope we never forget.


3 comments:

Me and Tilly Too said...

It's amazing how the Titanic has left an impression on most of us, even though we have no connection with anyone who was onboard. Hope you enjoyed the evening. Lesley x

Angela said...

My grandfather's cousin was one of the survivors. Looking forward to a return trip to NI so I can visit the exhibition! SO glad you were able to be at the concert.blessings x

Jo said...

What a wonderful experience the concert must have been, I caught a little of it on tv.