The Bank Holiday 'holiday' is over for the kids tomorrow. Back to school for them tomorrow. Unfortuately, for them, it hasn't been a great Spring Break. After Amy's successful tea party on Saturday and a nice enough start to Sunday, it all went a little pear shaped.
James developed the toothache and was generally out of sorts from Sunday. Of course being the bank holiday getting a dentist was like trying to find the proverbial hen's teeth!! The Emergency number of our dental practice was not being answered and when I did get them this morning, was told he would have to wait until Thursday. A long time for anyone with toothache but particularly a little 5 year old boy! ( To top it all, he spent today with a sickie tummy! This thankfully has gone as shown by the fact the incessant chitter has started again! LOL!)
On Sunday, because of the beautiful weather we decided to go to a local garden centre which was having a Garden Party complete with brass band! It sounded lovely and there was a lovely atmosphere with everyone pottering around the plants BUT.......we had brought the in laws and where they go drama is sure to follow!! (Do I sound bitter? Sorry!!). As we got into the car my mother in law bumped her shin on a door handle. The bump rose but did not bleed. However, she seemed in a lot of pain while there and when she got home it got worse. She was advised to go to A&E. So....I went and looked after Papa with the kids and Peter took his mum to the hospital. By this point the leg really was in bad shape and now is arrayed in a large amount of dressings and bandages (They said it will take up to 6 weeks to heal?!!!). By 3:30am they got home with the instructions to be back at the hospital the next morning!! So we were back up and out before 9am.
Guess what we spent the rest of the glorious sunny Bank Holiday doing.......SLEEPING!!!!!
Have I moaned enough? I think so too.
I will end on a positive note.....my Fabric Addict Swap parcel has been posted!!! AND this afternoon an apron was made and the parcel for the Apron Swap 2010 is sitting ready for Mr Postie tomorrow!
8 comments:
I'm exhausted by these few days and we had none of your drama! Roll on routine and recuperation!
Goodness! Just from getting in the car? Poor Mom! and Geeeeze Louise!
Hope all turns right side up soon - especially that tooth.
Love, Katy
Sounds a hectic weekend -hope you little one & MIL feel better soon.
I'm starting on my apron swap today - quite excited.
BTW love the new blog heading picture :)
Oh no! Bit of a disaster! Who would have thought a knock to the leg would have resulted in that?? Hope your little one's tooth is better and that you ave a good week to make up for the beginning! K x
Hope your MIL gets better soon! What a dramatic holiday time you have had.
MBB x
Gosh, what a weekend! Why does it always happen over a Bank Holiday? Our doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics for Son 2's mild ear ache JUST IN CASE it gets worse over the bank holiday coming up for us - it seemed a bit wasterful but I have to agree it will seem wonderful if it does turn out we need them. Hope everything goes really smoothly for you now...
as a nation we really should all just stop at home with the doors locked on bank hollidays!!! ;~)
You are way ahead of me with the fabric and apron swap!!!!
Kath
x
And your Apron arrived safely yesterday in the land of OZ....and Catherine - I L O V E I T !!!! You are so talented and have picked the most perfect fabrics for me! I have posted some pics on my blog so be sure to check it out!
http://miranarnie.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-apron-swap-2010.html
Your apron was posted Monday so hope you get it soon. Hope all is well at your house.
Brenda
xx
Post a Comment