Sunday, 31 January 2010

Birthday Celebrations!

I feel like the Queen! It was officially my birthday on Friday but I seem to have been celebrating since Thursday and it will continue until tomorrow when I meet a group of friends for coffee (to celebrate my friend's birthday as well!).

It all began when the staff of the coffee shop I go to produced these for me....

Aren't they beautiful? My husband says this is proof that I really do spend too much time there!! LOL!

On the day before my birthday my friends gave me a real surprise. One of them took me off to help her buy a dishwasher...a diversion tactic I was later to discover! When we had finished she brought me to the coffee shop. This is what I found...

Apparently for the last few weeks they have been meeting secretly, plotting, sewing and baking! Isn't the banner fab? The cake was gorgeous! Very tasty! There was a theme of buttons as I am obsessed with them! I am known in the house of one of my friends as Catherine Button!

We spent a lovely morning chatting and eating cake!
The cake stand was my present!! I love it! Totally spoiled!

Only one of us put in any form of industry during this morning of sheer indulgence..well done Mags!
The birthday itself brought more coffee. Niqi had been industrious and made a little jacket for the mug she bought me! How cute!
The family got me a lovely pair of green Fly shoes (I wanted to take a bloggy, footy photo of these but they never seem to work for me! LOL!), a book, a voucher for a shoe shop (from my mum..she knows me so well!) and a bracelet (from my brother and his family). What a lucky girl I am!

The day finished with a lovely meal out at the local golf club. Thanks to everyone who made my day(s) so special!

12 comments:

magsmcc said...

Seasons and celebrations are the very stuff of life!

Mise said...

Happy birthday, Catherine! What lovely friends you have.

VintageVicki said...

Happy birthday - what great friends you have. That banner is amazing :) and the cake looks scrummy too.

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely set of celebrations and presents - love the cake!

Funkymonkey said...

Happy Birthday Catherine. You are lucky to have such lovley, thoughtful friends. Buttons and cake and a pretty cake stand....all things I love.

Tracey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You~

love those cupcakes said...

Belated birthday greetings to you! Didn't you do well?!!!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!

JuicyFig said...

Happy Birthday!
Next time anyone asks what I want, or want to do for my birthday - I will send them a link to this post!

Kath
x

Funkymonkey said...

Pop over to my blog. I've got something for you.

Tracey

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Catherine! I can see you were treated royally and spoiled thoroughly...how wonderful to have such a circle of friends!

Katy Noelle said...

I just bipped into your site and it looks like we might have a few things in common - MORE than a few! Especially that crazy life thing - it's kinda fun! It's so funny that you fit "Elizabeth Bennett's profile". When I tried to fill in the "About ME" section on my blog, the only thing I could think of is, "Is it possible to be like both Jane and Elizabeth at the same time?" I've been trying out a new hairstyle and it keeps reminding me of Jennifer Ehle's - just like the photo. Well! That's alright with me and an awful lot of silly thinking but that's how it goes.

Thanks so much for linking to my blog! I have to run off to a lady's brunch now. I can't wait to look around your blog. I already see a lot that I want to explore and read.

Love, from Katy Noelle