Sunday, 31 January 2010

The New Domestic Goddess!

It all began with a Christmas annual! Santa usually adds an annual to Amy's stocking. Usually it is High School Musical or something else of that ilk. Usually it is looked at once or twice and then permanently put to the side. This time though he seemed to have worked a little more magic than usual and produced the following....

It has been studies, read, restudied and reread! The great discovery was the idea of a tea party. It caused great excitement. The invitation (a teapot) was copied and sent to my friends Niqi and Ann. Everything was organised by Amy...I was a simple bystander and gofer. She set the table (a little annoyed that I couldn't produce a round table as it was in the book!! LOL!), got the flowers, unearthed my cups and saucers (we're a mug house!!) and teapot and got the goodies to eat (we cheated and went to M&S). When her guests arrived, Amy was the perfect hostess, bringing them to the table and serving them. Great excitement that she made the tea herself (mummy had to be brave and stand back here!!). It was a lovely afternoon..



Ann
Niqi

And so the seeds for the new domestic goddess were sown. Since the teaparty Amy had brought her daddy and I breakfast in bed on a few occasions (such bliss!) and has started to make dinner herself (under supervision of course!). Her brother, a VERY picky eater (doesn't like meat and isn't too keen on vegetables!!), has announced he loves his sister's food, so I have officially resigned!! LOL!
Amy's first cooking experience...Spag Bog from scratch!

I am very proud of her. She appears to have a natural talent...which will most definitely be encouraged! Hee! Hee!

1 comment:

VintageVicki said...

I love hearing about young people taking an interest in cooking - think its something very important for them to learn.

Your daughter is doing very well.

I like the look of that book - the cover picture looks like me on my bike ;)