It has been such a long time since I properly blogged that I really don't know where to start! It has been such a busy month and a very cold bleak one. I have kept up to date quite well with your blogs and they have brightened my days in what is quite a reclusive (in mind and spirit anyway) month. I think of snippets I can blog but then don't have the inspiration to put finger to key, so to speak!
So a potted history of the last month....
Christmas turned into a very quiet affair. My parents couldn't travel up to join us because of the state of the roads with snow and my inlaws, who only live about three miles from us, couldn't come because the pavement from their house to the road where peter could have picked them up, was a death trap with the ice. I am sure many families were in the same boat as us. However we did have a good enough time. Santa came of course to all. The kids got their new toys and I got my books! Happy days! Craft books to browse and dream over and new novels to read.
New Year was again quiet and I was quite relieved when the routine of school started again. The big event for me this past month has been my becoming the Lead Guider in our newly reformed Guide unit. On January 2nd I spent the day on a leadership training course and today I completed a First Response course. The whole thing is very daunting but VERY exciting. We have a small group of girls but this will gradually increase. Tomorrow we are going to watch the Ulster Elks basketball match and for the next four / five weeks they will be coming to train our girls. The girls are very excited!
Peter's parents continue to need quite a lot of help but al least they are both at home and we are not having to travel in two different directions to visit them. It's funny when you get married you never consider having to look after elderly parents but it does eventually come and much to my surprise, I have been able to cope fairly well!
Amy has decided this month that she wants to learn to cook but I am keeping this for my next post as I have to upload pictures from my phone.
Hopefully now that I am back I will keep more up to date!
4 comments:
Welcome back :)
Sounds like life has been pretty full on.
I understand about the elderly parents - I help with my grandparents - mostly their housework and bits of shopping.
See you soon
Vicki xx
Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate.
Glad that things have started to improve with your DH's parents.
And well done and good luck with your new venture, I am sure you will be really good at it.
Take care
MBBx
Hi,
Its me again, I have a blog award for you on my blog.
MBBx
Welcome back! You have been busy!
Post a Comment