Thursday, 29 May 2008

I am soooo tired tonight. Although it is the smallest room in the house I have spent ALL day in the ensuite, scrubbing, cleaning and painting and it's still not totally finished!! There's still at least one coat of paint to put on! Confused My fingers and arms are sore after scrubbing and polishing the floor, as are my legs! I am exhausted!
Anyway, enough of the moans! I am really looking forward to tomorrow. In the evening I am going to my mum and dad's for the weekend......ON MY OWN!!!!!!! I will really miss the kiddies and Peter but oh how I am looking forward to the rest, having a bed that does not contain at least three bodies during the night and generally having a little me time! The reason for the visit is my mum's church outing with her women's group. Each year I go on this with her and we have great fun. We spend some time shopping, even more time stopping for coffee, having a meal with the group, and generally just catching up with mum. I have to go down the night before (she lives two hours away) as we leave early in the morning and do not get back until quite late.
On Sunday my parents are going to come home with me and stay with us for a few days before going on to spend a few days with my brother and his family. Dad is happy that I will be with him as he drives up. He hasn't driven this far in a while and due to a fall he had a few weeks ago he is a little nervous. He's been driving locally and will have no problem on Sunday but having the company will give him confidence. It never ceases to amaze me that he is still driving and doing as much as he does (he still works for the local undertaker!!....better in the front of the hearse than the back he says!!) since he turned 90 last January. I hope his genes are the dominant ones in me!!!
These events mean that I probably won't have much time to blog over the next week. There will hopefully be lots to tell you when I am back online.
Have a great weekend!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Catherine! Just got your blog link off of Karen's new blog - hee, hee! It's good to catch up a bit on what's going on. Glad you're losing weight and feeling better. Feel free to check out my blog too: http://marys-journal.blogspot.com/

We're hoping to go to England 13th - 28th of June but hope to catch up with you before or after! :)

Lots of love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

P.S. Nice photo! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend Catherine, and a great time with your parents! I want a 'tour' of your en-suite when they go back!