Losing weight can be sooooo hard! I have yo-yo dieted for years. When Amy was born and I developed Post Natal Depression I ballooned in weight. However, as I was really sick when pregnant with James I LOST a lot of weight. I was two dress sizes smaller at the end of that pregnancy than I was at the start!
For a couple of years I kept the weight off and lost a little more, but over the past year I have become a little too comfortable and it has crept up again.
A few weeks ago I spoke to a friend of mine who is a nutritionist. Due to my weight and diet I was having a few medical problems. She advised me on what I should be eating. For a month I am on quite a regimented diet to calm my tummy down. It is dairy, yeast, caffeine and sugar free?!!!! There was a list of foods to avoid and a list of things I could eat (It was rather short!!). It said to focus on what I could enjoy.....a VERY limited list!! HEE! HEE!
So far I have found it, to my surprise, to be quite easy. When I considered it, it was really a case of going back to basics, cutting out all processed foods and eating food in its natural form without all the additives, preservatives and sauces that we like to add. Soya milk is much tastier than I thought and I have developed a great liking for peppermint tea.
This "diet" is primarily a lifestyle change for my health. Losing weight will be an added bonus! Already I notice a difference in how I feel. If I deviate on to the foods that I should avoid my tummy immediately feels the effect! This means I don't deviate very often as I like the better feeling!! Also I have lost 5lbs already which I am delighted about!

2 comments:
Hi Catherine!
Good to see you! Well done on the loosing weight! I may have to talk to your nutritionist friend soon myself! I might be coeliac. Will find out soon.
Yeah - love the new blog Catherine.
Thanks for keeping me posted.
I too am on a weight loss goal. Excellent job - perhaps sharing your "what to eat list"
Love the picture of you and the kids.
Love Cathie
Post a Comment