Saturday, 7 June 2008

It has been a really busy week here. Last Friday I went down to my mum and dad's. It was lovely because I had a two hour bus journey on my own! Woo Hoo!! I sat and listened to my music and chilled. What a nice start to the weekend. Mum and dad picked me up from the bus stop and we spent the rest of the evening chatting. We haven't had a chance to really do this in a long time as there are usually small interruptions from little people!
Saturday was spent on a bus trip with my mum's church group. It was an absolutely gorgeous day...the warmest so far this summer! We stopped at a small shopping centre and had a lovely cup of coffee. While mum and her friends browsed the clothes and shoe shops I went to a craft shop that had only opened the previous day and purchased more supplies for my card making. My friend, Rhonda, was demonstrating different techniques there during the day so I really enjoyed being able to watch her and pick up some tips.
We then moved on to Lisburn, outside Belfast, and spent the rest of the day there shopping. I didn't do much as I had spent all I would have been allowed (or not?!!!!!!) in the craft shop. I think all I got were two little pressies for the kids and something for Peter. He's easy to buy for....chocolate and more chocolate!
On Sunday mum, dad and I travelled back to my house. Although I enjoyed my time away I was delighted to see Peter and the kids when I got home. I think they were glad to see me too!
Mum and dad stayed until Thursday morning before moving on to my brother's house. It was lovely spending time with them although I think I have had my fill of shops (did I say that?!!) for a while.
The last two days were spent making cards for an order I had. We also had to get a "minor" problem in the ensuite sorted out. When we tried to use the shower we realised that the shower door was live!! There was a strong current of electricity running through it. Now I'm all for modern showers but one that roasts you as well as washing..........!!
Hopefully this week will be a bit quieter. I hope to be sorting out our family holiday to Scotland. I can't wait. Rosneath in Argyll is my little haven and I am getting impatient to get there! We should know by Tuesday if we are going or not! Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Catherine! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Hope you have a lovely visit to Scotland! Yes, we'll have to get together when things settle down! :)
Love, Mary