Saturday, 28 April 2012

Crafty Bits....

This is my first post with the new blogger layout. Not sure I like it?

The past few weeks have been spent  busily crafting. I was enjoying it anyway but it became a bit of an obsession over the last week or so as I had a pretty horrible health scare and crafting helped take my mind off it! ( Got the all clear so VERY happy!)

Anyhows, this is what I have produced....
A cushion for Amy's soon to be decorated room.


The cable bag begun here was completed.

I also fitted in a visit to This Is Knit in Dublin. It is a truly FABULOUS shop and I spent a lovely time pottering and browsing....and buying!! I got some gorgeous Jamieson & Smith yarn (I cannot decide what to do with it!!) and some scrumptious Araucania sock yarn. DELICIOUS!!!

Treats also came in the form of two books....


I have started her first project, a hat. It introduces a new form of cast-on (new to me anyway!) which is soooo quick and then introduces stranded colour work. I read Kate Davies blog Needled and just look at all her work with awe and admiration. I will never knit as she does but I can but try to do a little! LOL!!

The other book I bought was inspired by Kate Davies. Knit Real Shetland is a feast for the eyes and I have so enjoyed just soaking in the pictures!

Anyway, the hat is now calling,  as is a lovely big glass of red!! Have a great weekend! Happy crafting!

8 comments:

gz said...

good knitting and blogging!
I'm getting on fine with the new blogger.
It is just a matter of learning where it all is...and it is still all there!

Angela said...

Glad to hear health is ok. V impressed with all the crafting. I am told that EZ could even knit whilst riding pillion on her husband's motorbike. Does your book give instructions for that?
sunday blessings x

Pink Milk said...

Ooh, gorgeous ripply cushion - love your colours.

So glad all is well.

Hx

VintageVicki said...

Glad you are ok :)

Not having a problem with new blogger (yet) - I switched a few weeks ago and so far so good!!

busybusybeejay said...

I love the cushion.I have a thing about lime green.I just love it.Hope you will share the plans for the bedroom with us.I bet Amy is really excited.

Emily said...

Lovely cushion - the colours are gorgeous. So glad you're well, that must be a huge relief
Emily x

Nicky said...

Love the cushion and the bag :)

Betty said...

Lovely things, I am very inspired!