We went out for an hour this afternoon and I visited the library. I am a book addict and with one of my resolutions being to be more frugal, a big area I need to work on is my spending on books. I do use the library from time to time but I get frustrated when they don't have the books or type of books I like. It is easier to buy fairly cheaply online BUT...today I took my first step in thriftiness!!! (How long can this last I hear you cry?!!!!) Here is what I got (no fiction which is unusual!).....
Just because it looked good!
I have spent a little quiet time since I got back having a coffee and a little browse and frankly becoming just a tad excited by it all. Should be an interesting year!
Before I go I must show you the "little" pressie that my very sneaky (I like it!!) husband and his mum got me for Christmas. I love the retro digital radios but wanted a practical one as well. I have talked about them for a while but certainly didn't think one would appear...certainly not at Christmas anyway as there is a rather large birthday looming at the end of the month!
♥I LOVE IT!♥ It has the look but I can also dock my iPhone on it to charge and play my music from my iPod! Not having to wrestle an aerial to find a station is bliss! Radio 4 has never sounded better!
Off now to make a cup of tea for my very bedraggled and wet husband who has just walked in from work...
Before I go I must show you the "little" pressie that my very sneaky (I like it!!) husband and his mum got me for Christmas. I love the retro digital radios but wanted a practical one as well. I have talked about them for a while but certainly didn't think one would appear...certainly not at Christmas anyway as there is a rather large birthday looming at the end of the month!
Off now to make a cup of tea for my very bedraggled and wet husband who has just walked in from work...
11 comments:
What a super pressie. Good luck with the 'thrifty' year.
Love from Mum
xx
Great Radio [are you into 'radio 4 extra' yet? I bet you soon will be.
Intrigued by the Clutter Book - please review it, and explain what the toothbrush principle is!!
you will have so much time on your hands now children back at school, after all...
blessings x
Oh I do love the Library? You know that for 50p you can order in any book you want (well as long as they can find it).Your choice looks very interesting. Your radio looks wonderful, great for listening to whilst you create all these wonderful garments on a shoestring! I can't wait to see what you make Catharine.Love, Linda x
Oh, I LOVE looking at library books! Thanks!
Your radio gift is VERY cool!
Enjoy your days to come.
I LOVE my library and I love how easy it is to use these days, with everything electronic and online and self-service too, if you don't want to queue at the desk.
I pop in there whenever I walk past and have a quick browse on the shelves in the foyer, where they put out all the newest books. Usually come away with at least one or two.
You chose some interesting books - I have the free and easy stitch style and it's what got me started on free motion sewing - it's my favourite type of sewing in the world! :)
Enjoy your reading and experimenting.
I have a book issue too :-) Did you know you can go online and search for a book in the library and get it sent to your local one. I have done that several times and it works really well :-)
Hello, fab radio! I love all the books, Im going to try and read more this year.
Lou x x x
PS. Thank you for your lovely comment. X
Super radio! All the best with being thrifty, it is also one of my goals for this year, but it is always easy to make this promise when we are all skint from Christmas so February and onwards is the real test for me :D
Some good reading there!
Loving the radio! And if the books are anything to go by you are going to have a fun, thrifty, and clutter free year :D
That first book interests me if you've seen my latest blog... Have you heard of the 100 Thing Challenge over there?
Post a Comment