Hasn't today been a lovely, pleasant day? Although it is cold, the sun is shining and there is a faint feel of Spring
in the air ♥ . I started the day well with my "date" with
Davina and I had few errands completed by 9:45. Then it was home again to loveliness...
It started with my breakfast in my favourite bowl (a little treat in the sales!). It is aptly named, the
Goldilocks bowl, as my favourite start to a day is porridge.

This has to be consumed with a
LARGE mug of coffee and some appropriate reading material!!

Then it was on to some crochet. This is what I am attempting to make....

The colours are gorgeous but a little too bright for me. I like more subdued tones...


I am loving how they are coming together. The little piles of squares are adding up. The colours and yarn have been Ravelled
here.
A little baking was done to feed hungry children coming in from school. Banana muffins were the order of the day as I had a few bananas to use up quickly. Yum Yum!

Now the kids are home, homework is being done and I have dinner on. Lovely roasting smells wafting through my kitchen. I will leave you with a picture of the socks I FINALLY completed at the weekend. I am quite pleased with them. Much better than my first pair...at least both feet are the same size this time!! Hee Hee!

They almost look blue here but they are green. This shows the colours much better..
♥♥♥Have a lovely week my bloggy friends
♥♥♥
16 comments:
Wow Catharine I am mega impressed with the socks...professional or what ! Your day sounds idyllic apart from the Davina bit.Your crochet looks gorgeous too and your muffins! Love Linda x
Looks like you've had a very cosy day at home.....
Melxxx
Lovely! How nice to read your day. Mine was mainly driving about (son at work experience) and housework, but I did, like you, fit in a relaxed late breakfast with Country Living! (Mine was January 2004, New to Me at the Christmas fair!). Have a great week.
Simple pleasures are the best - yes, they are!!! It's just cheery to hear about your day.=]
Don't you know, I've wanted warm wool, knitted socks for the second winter, now - ever since I saw them in one of those British Magazines like Country Living, in fact. They can't seem to be bought for love or money, here, in the States. To top it all off, it's extremely cold, today, too (-23C.)! I need to renew my search with hope.;)
Well, wishing you many more afternoons like this...
Katy xo
Sounds like a great day :) The muffins look lovely and the socks turned out great!!
Thanks for the visit Catherine! You must be feeling a little better now? Love Linda x
I'm loving the colours of your shrug, and now craving a bowl of porridge ... I'm on my way to bed, how crazy is that! Think I'd better make come cocoa instead :D
What a lovely cosy day you had. Well done on the socks, I love the yarn you've used.
Congratulations on the socks they look lovely and warm.
I now have bowl envy your porridge bowl is beautiful.
Love
Tickety-boo
x
Lovely cosy times...I like your special goldilocks bowl! The crochet looks lovely and the socks are amazing! Enjoy your cosy week.
Helen x
Your socks are great! Love the colors in your granny squares. Sounds like you had a lovely day.
:-)
I still love those socks! Thanks for joining in the madness Catherine. Have a lovely weekend, love Linda x
Thanks Catherine, so glad you like it! have a fun week, love Linda x
I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. For all the details go here http://knittingnix.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-got-award.html
Congrats :)
I see Knitting Nix beat me to this - but I wanted to let you know that I too have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! (Cuz I love your blog!) For all the details go here: http://literaryladybug.blogspot.com/2012/01/award-winning-thats-me.html
How funny! One of my best friends from Uni designed that wee shrug! Have you checked out her blog? You can find her at emmavarnam.co.uk. Your colours are very soothing and gorgeous.
Sandra x
Post a Comment