Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Sunshine

Isn't this weather just GLORIOUS! Much time has been spent outside reading, hooking and simply sitting. The joy is that now I have somewhere nice to sit. We spotted this set on Mothers' Day at Mount Stewart in the National Trust garden shop. It was looked at, oohed and aahed over and left! I came home and researched it a bit more and found that strangely the National Trust was the cheapest place to get it!☺So off we trotted back to Mount Stewart the following weekend and bought it! Yay!



I got some material from Dunelm Mill and made the cushions. I could now easily and comfortably spend all day out here.....




Front


Back

and I just may!

Enjoy your Easter! See you sometime next week!

11 comments:

Diane said...

Thats very lovely. You may need to put a cushion on the bottom too, as if you sit on it in shorts, you'll get funny patterns on your legs! xxxx

Wendy said...

Isn't this weather just the best? We've just got home from another impromptu picnic on the beach - it was too good down there to resist. Hubby fell asleep on the pebbles and was actually snoring!

Yesterday we were also in Dunelm Mill and I looked at that same floral fabric but with the blue background - it's very pretty. Your garden set is lovely too. Let's hope the weather lasts through the weekend - and you make sure to use your new chairs and table.

I shall be sewing new curtains for the sitting room and dining room. (Fabric from Dunelm too.) But hopefully some more beach trips too.

Thedarkerside73 said...

A pretty little set! I can well imagine why you would want to while a way the time there!

Hope you enjoy them over the coming holiday.


MBB x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi Catherine,

hope you all have a brilliant Easter, isn't the weather amazing!

Sarah x

Madelief said...

Hi Catherine,

Such a lovely romantic garden set. It looks beautiful with the pillows. I hope my old set will look a little bit like yours once finished ;-)!

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Julia said...

What a lovely garden set .... and that floral fabric is the same I used to make my kitchen blinds and bench cushion - great minds and all that!!!!

Julia x

gillyflower said...

Oh what a lovely table and chair set! So pretty and french feeling!
I love the cushions you;ve made too, lovely fabric.
It is such a simple pleasure sitting outside in the sun isnt it?
Hope you have plenty of time enjoying your lovely new seating area over the Easter holidays!
Gill xx

Me and Tilly Too said...

Catherine, what a lovely table and chairs set. What a find. Fab cushions too, super fabric, I must get to Dunelm Mill.

Enjoy Easter and and the sun.

Lesley
x

The Vintage Kitten said...

Ooh your table and chairs are lovely.

The weather has been fantastic, hope it lasts over the weekend. Happy Easter! X

Jo said...

It's gorgeous, and you've got it just in time to use over Easter. Your cushions are lovely too, very pretty fabric.

flowers on my table said...

Gorgeous furniture Catharine, and by the sounds of your last post, you got it at just the right time. Life is so much more enjoyable when you can get out in the sunshine. Thanks for visiting. I know what you mean about the shed, we are about to get one too, so my dreams of a folly will have to wait! Happy Easter. Oh I love the fact that you made a simnel cake, such a lovely old fashioned cake. Love Linda x