Friday, 15 April 2011

Chaos and Craft

Do you ever think the state of your mind reflects the state of your house? Well....here, this week, both are in chaos!! We are eventually changing our central heating system from oil to gas so my house feels as though it is upside down, with every room having been taken over, every door in the house open and workmen traipsing through. Although I am pleased the work is being done, it makes me very unsettled. The chaos in the house really starts to affect how I feel, so today I am edgy and not just a little fraught. I can't leave the house for obvious reasons, yet there is little I can get on with!
Easter holidays from school start today so that adds to the mix as will the extra children I am looking after tomorrow night (my two nieces and their other cousin)!
Anyways...to stop moaning (sorry folks!)....

I did sit down this morning and finish a project I had started a while ago. This cushion is for the kids playroom when it takes shape later in the year. I backed the crochet with denim and made a red cushion for the inside. I thought a bit of colour would be nice peeking through the crochet. Odd buttons were put on the back for decoration. Please excuse the quality of the photos (taken on my phone!). Someday I may invest in a good camera....maybe....







After all my moans, I AM looking forward to the school holidays. It has been a LONG term and we are all in need of rest and some quality family fun time. Visits will be made to grandparents, picnics will be made and consumed and some trips will be organised and enjoyed. Mainly, though, there will be lazy mornings and NO SCHOOL RUNS! What could be better than that?!

Have a lovely weekend!

10 comments:

Kandi said...

A woman after my own heart, it's beautiful I adore crochet cushions!
Kandi x

Me and Tilly Too said...

I know the feeling about having your central heating changed. We did ours last year and you're right, there's not a room in the house that you can call your own or actually feel comfortable in while the chaps are working. If it's any help Catherine, we're really glad we did ours, it's made a big difference and you will get your house back.

Love the cushion.

Happy holidays.

Lesley
x

gillyflower said...

The holidays are so welcome arent they? Bit more time in bed!
Hope the building chaos passes quickly - remember that feeling when we had a new kitchen put in a few years back.You cant wait to get back to normal and have the house to yourself again.
The cushion is lovely! Really cheery, and i love the denim backing!
Have a great weekend and enjoy the holidays - they pass so quikly!

Anonymous said...

That sort of work being done to the house brings utter chaos, my in-laws moved out of their house while their central heating system was replaced, so my heart goes out to you. Living in chaos brings with it utter madness! Your crochet cushion is really, really lovely! Love Vanessa xxx

Rubyred said...

Hello,
thanks for popping by! Love the crochet cushion, so bright and colourful!
Hope your work gets sorted soon and you can have a bit of a rest!
Rachel x

Diane said...

Love your header shot! My house is a total tip! xxxx

Madelief said...

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Your pillow looks lovely. Enjoy your school holidays!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Jo said...

I hate having work done in the house. We had an extension built a few years ago and it was in continual chaos for weeks. Hope you're getting to the end of the work now. I wish we were only just starting Easter holidays. Our's have already had their fortnight off and have gone back this week. They do get a long weekend for Easter this weekend though. I love your cushion. I'm in the middle of trying to teach myself to crochet, it's proving very difficult but I'll keep at it.

Melissa said...

Oh sweet-I know just how you feel !! It's a bit of a catch-22! You want the work dine, but it needs to be chaos to achieve it!!!
And why is the timing always over the same period as kids off school! Typical really!!
So you get it all off your chest bc we will soon be reading calm posts of a gas happy home again!
Goodluck with all the extras-we have 5 here at the moment too-don't the kids love it!
M xx

Emma-Jayne said...

What a lovely cushion, love the bright colours!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog
Emma xx