Thursday, 18 March 2010

Rainbows and sunshine breaking through....

It has been a tough, tough week and I am really, REALLY glad it's almost over. For the first time in almost 10 years I am anti depressant free! Phew! What a relief! I decided (myself and not doctor led..probably not most sensible thing to do?!) two weeks ago that enough was enough. I have been feeling great for a long time, was often forgetting my happy pill, as I so 'lovingly' called them, so I felt I could probably do without them (the dose has been very low for a year or so). I stopped....I did well for 7 or 8 days....then I got lightheaded but all was still manageable. Then Monday I was a little agititated, Tuesday I hit 'the wall'. A little bit of paranoid mania kicked in. Everyone gave me space and today I feel as if I have reached the other side. Thankfully! Sunshine has broken through and normal service has resumed!

My history of depression started postnatally. It has been a long, bumpy road, I have learned a lot about myself and I think I have come out of the experience a stronger more grounded person. Maybe....just maybe...it was worth the journey....

5 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Sounds like you've had to make a tough decision and eventually it is worthwhile.

Keep strong xxx

Thedarkerside73 said...

Good for you making that decision. It couldnt of been easy.


Take care.


MBBx

Dawn said...

Well done for sticking with it. I can't imagine how tough thst must be, but so worthwhile and better for you in the long run!

Wendy said...

Good for you, Catherine! I'll be praying for you as the Lord brings you to my mind!

Hugs!

JuicyFig said...

Well done you - This is something I know I will have to go through myself eventually, but not just yet, I hat that my mood is controlled chemically! (mine is not post natal, more foul tempered teanager related!)

Kath
x