Saturday, 6 February 2010

The Postman delivers some loveliness....

At the beginning of this week the following landed on my doorstep...
I have looked at the catalogue online but to have a paper copy that I could pop in my bag and peruse out and about, sitting at the school waiting for kiddies or just curling up to look at in a cosy bed was sheer bliss!! Needless to say a phone call was made and after a very pleasant chat with a lovely lady some purchases were made.

Look what my nice postie delivered this morning....
Isn't it so beautifully wrapped?!! After a careful unveiling this is what emerged from the package...
A skirt for Amy to sew, a skirt for mummy to sew once she has lost a little more weight (4lbs this week! Woo Hoo!) and some jumbo ric rac. The photos do not do justice to the colours. They are so pretty...
Lovely!

My other little gem also appeared today....not via the postie though. I had gone to the local fabric shop to get a little extra fabric for a bag I am making (another post later!!) and of course had to do a detour. I had a browse in a little wool shop and noticed beside it a little shop selling quirky "country" things. Of course I had to have a little explore! It was very pretty all in all and I saw a few things I liked. I really liked the way the owner had displayed a few things draped on old Singer sewing machines. I commented on this and discovered the machines were for sale. Of course out of my price range I thought....but NO! I picked up a lovely little gem for.....wait for it.....£20!!!!! It appears to work (all that is missing is a catch on the wooden cover) but for me it is purely for aesthetic pleasure..
I learnt to sew on a treadle version of this so it has huge sentimental value.

A lovely afternoon's sewing ahead....albeit on my trusty modern electric contraption!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I love that Clothkits website and have my eye on the giant ricrac too! Also love the bobble trim they do.
Having seen how beautifully wrapped your parcel was i am tempted to put in an order!

Kate said...

I love Clothkits I have one left to sew - thanks for the reminder. I learnt to sew on a treadle too!

Julia said...

What a bargain that treadle was - I think you can be forgiven your indulgence!!!!:0)

Anonymous said...

Hi -and thank you so much for stopping by me. I am new to cloth kits - will have to investigate..xx

Wendy said...

Wow...I love the colours. I'll have to hear more about Clothkits - are they patterns that are all cut and ready to sew? If so, what a good idea!

I have two sewing machines that look like your new purchase...one is my Mum's, so it has real sentimental value as well. The other is a treadle machine, in its case, that still works!