Saturday, 20 February 2010

Normal service...

Half term is over. Normal service has resumed! The kids went back to school last Thursday. We had a lovely time fulfilling most of our plans. The only disappointment was not getting to visit the Ulster Museum which closes on a Monday which we didn't realise until we were standing outside its doors with lots of other disappointed families who had thought it would have opened over the half term period. Another time hopefully.

One of the highlights of the break for Amy was making her Clothkits skirt. It was such a simple, enjoyable experience. She loved it! The instructions were so clear and straightforward to follow. I can't wait to tackle my own but I want to lose a wee bit more weight before I do this.

Speaking of weight I have lost nearly 7lbs! I am so pleased as I have been very good...which has been very hard. My diet is much healthier. No more unhealthy snacks (I was a grazer!). I haven't joined Slimming World but I am following their programme. Still not really loving the exercise but am gradually getting on with it!!Today the willpower was greatly challenged as Amy hosted another tea party, this time for my friend Mags. It was lovely and I DID resist all the lovely cakes!

Over the last couple of weeks I have been doing a little sewing. Handbags have been the order of the day. There is a craft fair coming up in a few weeks and I need to get a few more done along with a few other bits and pieces. Here are some of the bags....Last month a group of us started a wee book club. We started with Brooklyn, a fabulous book dealing with Irish immigration and the "pull" of home. Our second meeting was last night when we discussed The Bookseller of Kabul. I found it very hard going (the book that is!!) and have to say I didn't really enjoy it, although it did give me a really clear insight into the lives of the Afghani people, particularly the women. For next month we have to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Hopefully I will enjoy it better.

Well time now to go and enjoy reading in my favourite place....the bath!!!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What a cute little skirt! And how silly of a museum to not open in in half-term??!
Must admit to hankering for a clothkits skirt of my own, too!

Julia said...

Well done on the weight loss - I wish I could stick to a diet longer than 2 hours!! Keep up the good work!

Love the bags - they're really nice:0)

magsmcc said...

Thank you, Miss Bennett!

El Perro Blanco said...

Love the skirt - well done Amy.

Mise said...

That's an impressive lot of crafting. The skirt looks great - well done Amy!