Monday, 15 September 2008

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!! This morning I didn't, I haven't applied for any, and at 2:30 today I got a part time job from October to the end of March! I wish all my jobs had been as easy to get! LOL!!



As the children are both in school until at least 1:30 each day I have been starting to consider getting back to work. Now, I haven't been actively looking as I would only want a job that works within the school hours as I still want to be at home with my kids. These jobs aren't easy to come by because even if I went back to substitute teaching I would be working to at least 3:00 and would have to engage child care for some of the day. This I was not prepared to do!



Today, a lady phoned me to see if I would do some teaching for her. She initially asked me to do two days a week but when I told her that I didn't want to work full days because of the children she said I could split my two days into four mornings, starting after I left James off to nursery and finishing about 1pm, on time to collect him again and an hour and a half before I collect Amy! Of course I jumped at the chance! I will be travelling around the local primary schools, withdrawing pupils with special educational needs with regards to English and working one on one with them for a short period each week! This is ideal for me as this is the type of work I did with the older children I taught when I was teaching full time.

I start on 1st October and I am excited about this new venture, although a little nervous too. There is much to sort out before then but I am looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hope it goes well, Catherine!

cathieb said...

yeah!
congrats Catherine that is so exciting for you all.
Please keep us posted.

God bless,
Love Cath