No not from my blog!!! LOL! From housework.....for 10 minutes!!!!! I have to do my ironing but I thought I'd have snack first and then I would have energy to tackle it!
I spent this morning doing the short nursery run with James and then going over to my MIL and cleaning her house. I am going to say something now which I'm sure a lot of people who know me thought they would never hear.....I enjoyed it! When hubby and I got married I got on well with my inlaws but when my children were born I feel the relationship deteriorated. On the surface all seemed well But I spent a lot of time grumbling about them. In July my MIL went into hospital for a knee replacement and since that we have been getting on REALLY, REALLY well! I go to see her every day, do chores for her, run errands for her and just sit and chat a while. People have joked with me that maybe she received something in hospital that changed her! BUT and it is a big BUT.....my MIL DID NOT change. I did! it was not my MIL who needed to change. She has her quirks and often says something without thinking first but she ALWAYS means well and has one the kindest, Christian hearts I know. It was ME who was critical, who grumbled and was intolerant. I was blind to the fact that they were now MY parents as well as my natural parents since I had married their son, and so I should treat them as my parents! (It only took me 11 years to figure this out?!!!!). God tells us to honour our father and mother and I now strongly believe this means our inlaws as well. Thankfully I have realised this as I was missing out on so much!
Anyway, this was meant to be a short break as I only have an hour before the school run and I have a MOUNTAIN of ironing to do! Does anyone want to do it for me?......No.....Aw well, it was worth a try!!
I spent this morning doing the short nursery run with James and then going over to my MIL and cleaning her house. I am going to say something now which I'm sure a lot of people who know me thought they would never hear.....I enjoyed it! When hubby and I got married I got on well with my inlaws but when my children were born I feel the relationship deteriorated. On the surface all seemed well But I spent a lot of time grumbling about them. In July my MIL went into hospital for a knee replacement and since that we have been getting on REALLY, REALLY well! I go to see her every day, do chores for her, run errands for her and just sit and chat a while. People have joked with me that maybe she received something in hospital that changed her! BUT and it is a big BUT.....my MIL DID NOT change. I did! it was not my MIL who needed to change. She has her quirks and often says something without thinking first but she ALWAYS means well and has one the kindest, Christian hearts I know. It was ME who was critical, who grumbled and was intolerant. I was blind to the fact that they were now MY parents as well as my natural parents since I had married their son, and so I should treat them as my parents! (It only took me 11 years to figure this out?!!!!). God tells us to honour our father and mother and I now strongly believe this means our inlaws as well. Thankfully I have realised this as I was missing out on so much!
Anyway, this was meant to be a short break as I only have an hour before the school run and I have a MOUNTAIN of ironing to do! Does anyone want to do it for me?......No.....Aw well, it was worth a try!!

1 comment:
That's great, Catherine! What a great job you're doing, looking after TWO households! I'm so glad to hear how well you're getting on with her now. I hope she is fully recovered soon.
I hope you got lots done on that ironing! I now make it a general rule with myself that I have to iron every two laundry loads. That way it never piles up too high... most of the time...
Love you! Hope to see you soon one of these days & catch up! :)
Mary
Post a Comment