....the summer is over! I now feel it is officially Autumn as the kids started back to school this morning. Although many heaved a collective sigh of relief that their kids were back at school, this year, I didn't. We had a lovely summer and I was just a little sad that it was really and truly over. It will be a tough enough year for Amy as it is her last year of Primary School and she has tests to sit before Christmas which will determine what school she will go to next. Enough said about that today though. I will think about those tomorrow...!!


Admittedly though they were quite excited to get back, meet their new teachers and see their friends once again. Both skipped in quite happily! New uniforms were on and new schoolbags were packed with new pens and pencils. This is one memory of school that I love..."
a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils"....the excitement of going to my local shop and buying the prettiest pencils, pens, rulers, etc that I could get! Lovely!
What was I to do to console myself once they had gone in.....why....coffee and craft of course!! Off I went to Coffee Bean Deli to my little corner seat. Today I felt justified in ordering a little pick-me-up......a cappuccino and a scone!! Almost unheard of since the weight loss began, unless away on holiday, but hey ho, today it was
NEEDED!!

It was lovely to meet up with my friends again as I haven't seen much of them over the summer. There was much chitter, everyone vying to tell their news! A little knitting was done (2 rows I think!!) as there was too much to chat about!
The kids got out of school early and when I picked them up they were "treated" to McDonalds. My treat (yes, I know, the cappuccino was
my treat!) was a pretty bunch of flowers and some new sock wool (thinking possible Christmas pressies here). The wool is Superba Mexico from Rico Designs and I can't wait to get stuck in. I know I should hold off for a little while and finish my Ballet Cardigan but whoever heard of having only 4 or 5 WIPs at any one time?!! Unheard of!! LOL!


Well, I'd better be off now as homework (yes...already) has to supervised and books backed. Here's to another year!
12 comments:
Mine aren't back till next Tuesday - mixed feelings about it really. Glad they are looking forward to it but at the moment I'll miss all the help they are giving me.
We need to get all the bags etc packed - lots of nice new things to use :)
Its all gone by so quickly!!!
But sad as it is that yours have gone back, there is a certain satisfaction and excitment at the start of a new season isnt there?
Thoughts of warming soups and casseroles, fires to light 9as you say, the smell of bonfires in the air, and yes, back to crafts,new knitting wool and new projects!
Lovely to hear from you again Catherine - glad you had a great summer!
Bella goes back next week so we still have a few precious days.
Gill xx
And fabulous preview of new dining room!
Good luck to the two smart scholars. No one should bother primary school pupils with tests - I hope Amy resists the pressure and has a good, relaxing year. Enjoy your new peace!
It is sad when they start back to school. Our school year ends in December, so my 3 kids have been going for a while. My youngest started kinder this year, 3 days a week, but it makes me sad not to have her home all the time. My 2 boys are in high school.
Blessings,
Andrea
I remember that 'back to school' feeling well ... but mine are all grown up now and the university year punctuates the seasons in different ways. A cappuccino and some knitting is the kind of cure for feeling blue I can identify with though. Enjoy having the time to enjoy both x
I know I'll be sad next week too. There's a teacher training day on Monday so Eleanor starts back on Tuesday and Daniel starts back on Thursday. I think these holidays have gone by in a flash, it doesn't seem two minutes since they were breaking up. I'm also knitting socks for Christmas presents, though I haven't done very much knitting during the holidays.
I agree - sad that summer is over, sad that my boys go back, well one does tomorrow - his first day at senior school (he is so excited and I am so apprehensive on his behalf!)and my eldest goes back on monday.
Yes I shall miss their company but just think of the crafting I will be able to do and how much tidier the house will be!!
I hate the return to school in September, the summer always seems to go far too quickly. Lovely sock yarn though.
oh look how lovely they are :o) They are so so so beautiful Catherine. Glad you got to meet up with your friends. Looks yummy!!!
Enjoy your weekend
love Cath
http://cathiebryk.blogspot.com/
(my new blog)
Oh, the children look lovely and YOU are a very good mum.
I must be a terrible mum Catherine. I jumped for joy when Lois went back to school! I was working quite a lot this summer as well as doing things at home and the poor girl got so bored. I am really going to have to re-think summer holidays for next year. I am sorry you were so sad, but I am sure all those craft projects are calling you now. Many thanks for your lovely message, much appreciated. Have a lovely week, love Linda x
Post a Comment