We have had a lot of snow with temperatures falling to around -10°C. We had planned to visit my parents for Christmas on Sunday past but the mountain and the roads between here and there were treacherous. It has reached -18°C with them!!
The lane to our house has been covered in snow and when we went to dig it out yesterday there was a layer of ice an inch thick underneath. We cleared it and have the sore shoulders to prove it!! LOL! I have never enjoyed a bath as much as the one I had last night!
The kids have now "officially" finished for Christmas. They have had a couple of snow days off as the school could not open but the official holidays started at lunch time today! They are now getting very much into the Christmas spirit with old movies being watched, decorations being made and helping with some Christmas baking. Before they finished school James had his performance as the donkey in the Nativity play and Amy sang with the school choir at the Carol Service and then took part in some carol singing at the local coffee shop.



I completed the Christmas sewing I had to do and am now thinking out a patchwork wall hanging for Amy's room as we will be redecorating it sometime in the new year. It's fun at the planning stage!
Off now to get the Cranberry Sauce made and get some yummy cooks baked. If I don't get a chance before, have a wonderful Christmas time everyone and a happy and healthy 2011! Stay warm!
Off now to get the Cranberry Sauce made and get some yummy cooks baked. If I don't get a chance before, have a wonderful Christmas time everyone and a happy and healthy 2011! Stay warm!
1 comment:
Such a cute donkey!
Hope it warms up for you soon - it has been rainy and above freezing here today for the first time in ages.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Post a Comment