I know I promised I would be back and then didn't deliver. I am sorry. Life just has a habit of getting in the way of blogging!! LOL!
Since the summer ended and Autumn began with full steam, school, the kids and their activities have pretty much taken over.
Amy is in her second last year of primary school and I cannot believe how thick and fast the homeworks are coming. They have really ramped up the pressure. The old 11+ transfer test was "abolished" here a year ago, but the grammar schools didn't accept this and have set their own tests. The schools, although not officially meant to, are still gearing all their work towards these tests. The pressure that this is putting on the kids is terrible (never mind the parents). Although Amy will be given the opportunity to try them, we are really playing down their importance. She is working her very hardest and will go the school that will best suit her....when the time comes!
James is really really enjoying his P2 year. It is such a joy to see his progress, particularly the relative ease that he appears to have with his reading. He is reading EVERYTHING!! As a bookworm, I love to see that he has apparently got the bug too!
They both have their after school activities. Amy has joined the school choir and is heavily involved with the Brownies. James has started swimming lessons and loves going out to Boys Brigade. (I want to get a Neon "Mum's Taxi" for the top of the car!!)
Unfortuately I am going through a very non-crafty phase at the moment. I am not really feeling inspired! The only things I have created are cards that have been requested. I did join a Scrapbooking class which I get to occasionally, but it ca be hit and miss.
I mentionned a very long time ago that I was on a weight loss "regime". This really has become a bit of an obsession. The weight is nearly on target (just 2 more pounds and I will have lost 4 stone!!) so now I am pretty much on to maintenance. I have probably become quite boring (TOUGH!!!) but I am fairly addicted now to exercise (something I never thought I'd claim!! LOL!). I joined the local gym, am trying to incorporate running into my week, and I am starting swimming lessons on Wednesday! I can swim BADLY and am frightened of being out of my depth. The lessons are to develop my confidence and stamina....I hope! Just to bore you further, here are my before and after photos....
The kids are now off on half term. We have had a lovely week pottering around and generally relaxing. The treat was going to see "Despicable Me". I was dubious beforehand but have to grudgingly admit I LOVED it! It was very clever and very, very funny!
Amy then went with her cousin to visit granny and granda. They have been there a few days now and we are looking forward to travelling down tomorrow to visit and bring Amy home again. Monday will be spent relaxing at home and then back to school on Tuesday and the start of the routine again.
I hope you all have a lovely Halloween break!

2 comments:
WOW, YOU ARE LOOKING FABULOUS! What a difference! And by the sound of it you are really enjoying your fitness regime, well done!
Goodness me...fantastic, looking trim!
Well done you!
I lost 5 stone on slimming world, so far managed not to put it all back on.....go up n down within a half stone, here n there.
Melxx
Post a Comment